Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellow riders, I need some opinions. I am trying to decide between the Power Commander III and the Cobra Pro auto tuner. I know they obviously have price differences but what's everyone's take? I've heard good about both, but I don't know too much about the PCMIII. Is it kinda the same as the Cobra FI2000, where you individually adjust each "pot"? Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had the commander 3 and had my bike in two different dyno shops. Throttle response was choppy. I think I picked the wrong shops. First shop I was his first customer. Second shop had never dyno'd a metric bike.
I bought the cobra "auto tuner" however it's really not what the wording cobra uses to describe it. The fi2000 Powerpro does have an adjustable pot for the base line fuel map. ( Think I'm say this right) However under full throttle it does increase the rate or length or both.. of the fuel injection pulses. That's the only" auto" part about it.
I live in Utah 4700 ft above sea level. When I ride to Yuma Az much closer to sea level. I must adjust the pot to increase the base fuel map so it's not running lean. Then going back home I lean it out a bit.
The throttle response is smoother than it was with the commander. However I think the commander could be better than the cobra with the right dyno shop.
Bret

·
Registered
580 Posts
I tried the Cobra autotuner before also and it didn't work as advertised, it seems to be a bit of a gimmick. The only autotuner that is a true autotuner that I know of is the Dynojet PCV with autotune module. It comes with 1 or 2 O2 sensors depending on your setup and it works just like your vehicle does. I have one installed on my 12 Voyager and it runs great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I tried the Cobra autotuner before also and it didn't work as advertised, it seems to be a bit of a gimmick. The only autotuner that is a true autotuner that I know of is the Dynojet PCV with autotune module. It comes with 1 or 2 O2 sensors depending on your setup and it works just like your vehicle does. I have one installed on my 12 Voyager and it runs great.
This is where I'm going with the other post regarding a 2012 and o2 sensors.
That's why I want to know if the 2012's come with them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have a 05 kawasaki 1600 nomad with stock/debaffled pipes i put a commanderlll adj. tuner also a caddman type intake and not much differance in performance. I also owned a Suzuki 1500 with cobra pipes and a cobra fi2000 and that thing was QUICK! It was MUCH quicker.. don't know if it was the pipes or not.. all I can say is the 1500 with cobra pipes and tuner was so much quicker it was shocking..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just installed the Powrpro black on my 900. I can only say great things about it. Cost me a pretty penny but I'm more than happy with it and being a baby 900 I do feel the power increase it has given and the bikes runs smoother now and is more enjoyable to ride.

Have read others who have had issues with it so I must be one of the lucky ones.

It is plug and play and nothing to adjust. They do make cheaper versions you need to adjust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts