Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one? How do you like it? What exhaust and intakes do you have? Can you really feel a difference over a regular fi2000r? Who sells it the cheapest?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have one. You can see what else I have on my Sig below. Love the way it runs. And honestly the best place I have found and used online is cli-max motorcycle products. Awesome prices and awesome service. Love my exhaust and intake. Love the throttle response!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have one. It's awesome. I have the Cobra PowerPro intake and a Cobra PowerPro 2-1 exhaust. It may not work exceptionally better than a finely tuned tuner, but it is always in tune. Change elevation significantly... it adjusts. Replace your air cleaner...it adjusts. Swap out your pipes... it adjusts. No maps, no playing with settings, no Dyno required for a custom map.

Now keep in mind, it's still a 900 and will never have the power of the big bikes. However, the PowerPro tuner keeps the bike running in top condition, wherever you choose to roam.

·
Registered
63 Posts
thumbs up!

have the power pro along with cobra longs and barons BAK...I must say although the power difference ins't dramatic by any means, the bike runs so smooth and feels more "in tune" imo. I am very happy with this setup.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Stock pipes, hypercharger and the power pro, the install was simple and for a nudnik like my self, i was impressed and the ease of the intall. The bike runs smoother than stock, pulls harder, has no popping or backfiring issues. While the cost of the power pro is a little more expensive, buying a simular unit and then having to have the bike on a dyno ( around $200 for 3 runs) puts the unit back in the price range that is acceptable.

The cheapest price that i could get at the time of purchase was $519.00, Amazon was over $600 and cruisercustomising.com was around $595.

I was always a power commander guy and throw it on the dyno for a custom map, but i am happy with what i have got with the results that have been achieved. As many have posted on here, there is a certain amount of frustration with having to piss around with different settings to try and achieve a smooth well running, no popping result.

Knowing what i do, should i ever change the air / pipes om my classic, i would go the same power pro set up as my custom.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree. Cheaper in the long run. Just spend the little extra. Cobra has some good YouTube videos about their product so you can really understand the technology. It's awesome to know they've thought outside the box on this one. Love my bike more because of it. You will too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Power Pro, along with V&H pipes and BAK, has changed the attitude of my bike. It's a lot quicker and a ton more fun to ride, don't know about the gas milage.
What sold me on it, to invest the extra money is that it constantly updates the mixture, with differences in humidity/temp. I can even change pipes without having to change the codes or have it dynode!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just put mine on last night. It replaced my G-Man Bully tuner.

I think the biggest thing that befitted me with the PowrPro is knowing that my bike is always in tune no matter what. With the Bully I was messing around with settings a lot, but it was hard to tell if I was doing better or worse tuning wise. The Bully drastically improved my bike over stock power wise, but I think I had it tuned a little rich. With the PowrPro I can just go ride.

As far as power goes, the PowrPro is amazing. The power delivery is smooth and strong. I think I also picked up a little torque. It will be exciting to see how much more it picks up a I ride it over time.

I got mine for $463.89 on eBay and I highly recommend it.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
You guys convinced me.... Just ordered one from Cli-MAX. :drool: Did you guys have to remove the gas tank to install, or just prop it up a few inches to get to the injector plugs? The rest looks to be plug and play. Also, where is the best mounting location for the unit?

·
Registered
63 Posts
You guys convinced me.... Just ordered one from Cli-MAX. :drool: Did you guys have to remove the gas tank to install, or just prop it up a few inches to get to the injector plugs? The rest looks to be plug and play. Also, where is the best mounting location for the unit?
I propped up the tank...gives you just enough room and mounted the unit under the seat in the tool slot. fits perfectly.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
183 Posts
Me too. Propped the tank up with a rolled up towel. Mounted it next to the little tool holder under the seat. It's not too hard. You'll love it.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I propped up the tank...gives you just enough room and mounted the unit under the seat in the tool slot. fits perfectly.
Me too. Propped the tank up with a rolled up towel. Mounted it next to the little tool holder under the seat. It's not too hard. You'll love it.
Guys, THANKS.... Looking forward to the performance improvements.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I propped the tank up with a 2x4 piece of wood and removed my air filter assembly so I could get to all the connectors easily. I routed the wires to follow the same path as the main factory wiring and mounted the controller in front of the tool box on that flat plastic portion.

You will love it.

Another thing that I did notice, the instructions say that the light on the unit should be solid red when the bike is running. However, I noticed that when I revved the engine in neutral in the garage that the light would blink if I blipped the throttle. I thought I had something hooked up wrong or a bad ground. I googled the issue and found out that it is normal for the light to blink while revving without load. Just and FYI :D

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I propped the tank up with a 2x4 piece of wood and removed my air filter assembly so I could get to all the connectors easily. I routed the wires to follow the same path as the main factory wiring and mounted the controller in front of the tool box on that flat plastic portion.

You will love it.

Another thing that I did notice, the instructions say that the light on the unit should be solid red when the bike is running. However, I noticed that when I revved the engine in neutral in the garage that the light would blink if I blipped the throttle. I thought I had something hooked up wrong or a bad ground. I googled the issue and found out that it is normal for the light to blink while revving without load. Just and FYI :D
Thanks. Always appreciate the tips that may not be in the install instructions.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you're thinking of getting an after market air kit this would be a good time to do them both. I installed all three of my Cobra porducts on the same "sitting" so to speak. Pipes, then the air kit half way followed by the tuner and finishing up with the air kit. At the end of the install the ride after was so sweet. Money well spent. Enjoy your riding season.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
OMG... What a change!!

Okay, received my Cobra PowrPro tuner this morning, and like a kid on Christmas could not wait to get this unit installed. Installation was as simple as everybody says, but will share getting to the injector plugs (even with the tank propped up) was a bit of a pain in the ar$$... But, once all done the tests were perfect, and buttoned everything up for a test ride (approx. 10 miles). Jumped on the freeway so I could run up through the gears (did this a couple of times), and wow it does change and smooth out the powerband. Plus the decel popping is gone. No hesitation through acceleration, or if I down shifted and jumped on the throttle.

The only follow up question I have for guys that have installed this tuner, did you leave in the marble mod (if you did it in the first place), or should I remove it? Or, does it even make a difference?

Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
123 Posts
Okay, received my Cobra PowrPro tuner this morning, and like a kid on Christmas could not wait to get this unit installed. Installation was as simple as everybody says, but will share getting to the injector plugs (even with the tank propped up) was a bit of a pain in the ar$$... But, once all done the tests were perfect, and buttoned everything up for a test ride (approx. 10 miles). Jumped on the freeway so I could run up through the gears (did this a couple of times), and wow it does change and smooth out the powerband. Plus the decel popping is gone. No hesitation through acceleration, or if I down shifted and jumped on the throttle.

The only follow up question I have for guys that have installed this tuner, did you leave in the marble mod (if you did it in the first place), or should I remove it? Or, does it even make a difference?

Thanks, Russ
Glad to hear that you like your new toy.

Leave the marble in.

Or just take the whole emissions system off like I did :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cobra updates....

I put on Cobra Longs a couple weeks ago and then broke down and bought the Cobra PowrPro Tuner and Air Filter.
They arrived this week from Cli-Max. Best pricing that I found - and the turn around between ordering and arrival was pretty quick.

Although I really haven't had the chance to take these two new additions out for a run yet.
Somehow I broke the tiny air temp tube that sticks into the filter....so I had to order a new one from the shop. (They NEVER have anything I want/need in stock.) But it was only a twenty dollar item and it should be there in three days.

I thought getting to the PowrPro electrical plug-ins was a pain in the butt. Yeah, I propped the gas tank up...with a 2x4..but it was stll a task - especially the rear plug.
But I managed...and once I fired the bike up all the red light indications were as expected.....(according to the instructions)....and she sounded smooth.
I'm just going to wait for the new temp sensor piece before I finish off the air filter.

On another note. I would invest a few bucks in some decent stainless steel screws for the air filter installation. They send these soft steel things that round off way too easily.
NO!, I didn't 'horse them too much...they're just soft! Cheap.

The two 'button head' (M6 x 12mm) for the mounting bracket are particularly suceptable to a little snug torque!
I replaced them with stainless hex heads instead of 'button head'.
I found the new ones going in just a little hard so I ran an M6 tap just to clean up the threads - and then they went in nicely.
And they tightened up easier with a socket - rather than an allen wrench.

I used st. steel on the inside as well. 3(M6 x 25mm) and split lock washers instead of those star washers (that float all around when you're tightening em).

Next week I'm going to schedule an appointment to have the Progressive 465 (1" lower) shock installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there only the 1 kind of the cobra powerpro auto tuner or is there different models? Thinking about buying 1 so want to make sure I get the right one.

·
Registered
696 Posts
AFAIK, you have to get the one that is specific to your bike. I just ordered a powerpro yesterday and it was specific to the Vulcan 900 for the years 2006 to 2012, IIRC. My bike is a 2010 900 Classic LT.

They also have a cheaper model, which is just an fi2000, so make sure you get the one you want.

good luck
Kerry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts