Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I installed by Cobra Powrflo yesterday and haven't had a chance to ride due to rain. I also haven't started the bike yet after the install, mostly because I'm concerned with one aspect of the installation.

The directions specifically state "Install the supplied billet breather filter into the upper hose (disconnected in Step 2) and clamp. Rotate the hose so the billet breather filter is pointed to the rear and resting slightly on top of the throttle body."

I followed the directions to the best of my knowledge, but worry about this filter now lying on top of the throttle body. Asking up front for forgiveness due to ignorance, I'm wondering a couple things:

1) What exactly does this hose/filter do?
2) Is there any risk of damage (melting hose?) with the breather hose lying where instructed?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
So, I installed by Cobra Powrflo yesterday and haven't had a chance to ride due to rain. I also haven't started the bike yet after the install, mostly because I'm concerned with one aspect of the installation.

The directions specifically state "Install the supplied billet breather filter into the upper hose (disconnected in Step 2) and clamp. Rotate the hose so the billet breather filter is pointed to the rear and resting slightly on top of the throttle body."

I followed the directions to the best of my knowledge, but worry about this filter now lying on top of the throttle body. Asking up front for forgiveness due to ignorance, I'm wondering a couple things:

1) What exactly does this hose/filter do?
2) Is there any risk of damage (melting hose?) with the breather hose lying where instructed?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!
The hose vents your crankcase. The hose will not get damaged positioned near the throttle body.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts