Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
The first is a naked version of the second one. The second has that filter inside and keeps it protected. The first is just out in the open so more prone to get grab stuck in it or damaged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first is a naked version of the second one. The second has that filter inside and keeps it protected. The first is just out in the open so more prone to get grab stuck in it or damaged
Ah, thanks.. I have original pipes (I like 'em quiet) and a Cobra F2000 (the kind with the three little dials). Right now, the Cobra is set to 0-0-0.

By setting the Cobra to 4-2-0 (their recommendation) and adding one of the above intakes, should I expect to see some modest improvements?

thanks in advance,
-mike c

·
Registered
74 Posts
Adding more fuel and air should give you a little bit more get up and go. I would install the intake start at 0-0-0 and adjust the first one up 1 ride it around see how it is than adjust it up by 1 until your happy. Do this with the second as well. I run 3-2-2 with my cobra intake and cobra exhaust

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adding more fuel and air should give you a little bit more get up and go.
Yeah, that's my thinking.

What I'm looking for, and what I think this WON'T do, is give me a bit more get-up-and-go at highway cruising speed, like between 70 and 80 mph.

She's not slow, but that motor seems to be really working hard to maintain a 70+ mph cruise. Also, the buzzing at those speeds (75mph?) is uncomfortable.

From what I'm reading, I'll need new pulleys and a taller rear tire to make a noticable and happy difference.

But I'm not complaining - on a long ride yesterday, got about 57 MPG. Combine that with our 5+ gallon tank, and this bike has some real range.

This would be the perfect bike if it had a sixth gear.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If your looking for smoother ride on highway you want aftermarket pulleys from or back. It will make it so your not looking for a 6th gear. I was on the highway doing 90 I didn’t have any issues and I don’t have aftermarket pulleys

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
.......or a ECU flash from Ivan. I don't like loud pipes either, so I have ordered the Cobra PowrFlo air intake and sent the ECU to Ivan. Ivan isn't cheap, but neither are new exhausts, or power commanders. I should get both this Thursday. I will post after that, but with the overwhelming support Ivan's flash gets, I am expecting some more out of the bike, not looking for HP, but driveabilty.........

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If your looking for smoother ride on highway you want aftermarket pulleys from or back. It will make it so your not looking for a 6th gear. I was on the highway doing 90 I didn’t have any issues and I don’t have aftermarket pulleys

Nothing will make you stop looking for 6th gear. I'm constantly looking for 7th on my Vaquero. 😎

1 - 8 of 8 Posts