Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the cobra powerpro fi2000 auto tune and cobra tri ovals , does it work? does it pop on decelration ? all i want is to stop the friggin popping . i plugged the kleen air system hose. didnt work . i just want the bike to run good ..its an awesome bike but since i put on the tri ovals . its popping to much . so if anyone has it i would appreciate your input.. thank you :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Maybe you need to install the thunder mfg intake gasket . These nike are notorious for intake leaks. Send a PM to Almsy here on the forum. He has a cobra power pro and seems to like it. I have a PCV and it is great and cheaper than the power pro.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

H

·
0 Posts
hi
I have the "cobra tri oval" built on my VN1700 Voyager. I left everything else original.
the "cobra tri oval" were insulated with insulating wool. so the system has a good sound is not too loud, and not take away from popping the gas.
to the Irish pop to minimal. You can also use the bulging sheet metal absorber tube a. that helps.

greeting

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have the Tri-Ovals, thunder air kit, and cobra power pro - Yeah she pops on decel, but not too bad - generally only if I really let off of it - If I ease it down there isn't too much - My last bike popeed like a movie theater popcorn popper, so I'm OK with this . . .

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Got the Cobra Tri-Ovals, PCv, Thunder Tornado Air Kit on my 2011 Vaquero, and it only pops on hard deceleration at 2100 rpm, if I decelerate slow, no pop!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Got the Cobra Tri-Ovals, PCv, Thunder Tornado Air Kit on my 2011 Vaquero, and it only pops on hard deceleration at 2100 rpm, if I decelerate slow, no pop!

Mine is the same way. Only pops at 2100 on hard deceleration .

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have V&H slip ons. I had a PCV on and switched to a power pro. I get a little but noticably less popping and better gas mileage also seems better acceleration. Can't go wrong with the power pro.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm running 87 octane now and idle up . seems to slow down the popping , but is spending 434.00 on amzon for the powerpro worth it if you still got the popping?

·
Registered
82 Posts
The purpose of the auto tune is to correct the lean air/fuel mixture, which will improve performance, not to eliminate backfiring. When I spoke to someone at cobra he was very adamant about that issue. He seemed irritated that I even brought it up, even though the box says "virtually eliminates backfiring on deceleration". On the other hand, it does cut down on backfiring on decel so it does help.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im leaning to the powerpro auto tune because i know if i can change or add maps , i will never leave it alone.

·
Registered
636 Posts
How can a power pro change the air fuel ration without an 02 sensor explain.

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For bikes that have a factory 02 sensor it does have a plug for it ..the powerpro was originally designed for a 02 sensor ...most metric bikes dont have an 02 sensor , like the vaquero. so basically it just adjust feul mixure per rpm. if im going to invest in any system i want to do it right.. the only benifit with the power pro is you can add things to your bike and not have to change anything. with the advances today , something new and better will comeout tomorrow. if i just wait , it will ony get cheaper for the powerpro

1 - 17 of 17 Posts