Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought and installed the new powerpro fuel processor from cobra yet? I have the fi2000r and want to upgrade to the powerpro as long as it does everything as advertised. Sounds like they may have a good product on their hands.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm running the Cobra Powerpro. It seems to do what it's advertised to do but, I only have about 200 miles on it but, so far so good. My Voyager is bone stock right now and I can feel the difference as far as quicker throttle response.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Baldrider
Where did you find it. Most places I have checked with say it's too new.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered from Phatperformanceparts, I called them first said they were out of stock but, could get it in about a week from the manufacturer so, after I ordered it the manufacturer drop shipped it straight to me. I got it in alittle over a week. I think some of these other places don't want to do the little extra steps to get the part because everyone I checked with was out of stock but Phatperformanceparts said they could get it and they did and since they did that's going to be my first place I check for aftermarkets. Give them a call, you will probably get it in a week or so.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running the Cobra Powerpro. It seems to do what it's advertised to do but, I only have about 200 miles on it but, so far so good. My Voyager is bone stock right now and I can feel the difference as far as quicker throttle response.
Is the bike running any cooler? Any starting or Idle problems? You say quicker throttle response, but is the bike any quicker on both flat out acceleration and roll on?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I should have went into more detail with my post on the Cobra Powerpro but, I was at work. Anyway, I have only 200 miles on the Cobra Powerpro. Now, the VV is stock except for the Powerpro, start up is as good as usual, idle is fine ( engine has a hair more growel to it ), throttle response is quick ( no second delay ) from a complete stop and from a roll. The engine temp runs a hair cooler, it use to climb just shy of the "H" on the gauge but now if I remember right the furthest it climbs is about 3/4 up, maybe a hair past that for a few seconds. The bottom line so far is I'm very happy with it and it does make a difference at all power settings. I have a K&N filter on order which should help alittle more. I'm not planning on pipes since this is my touring bike but, we will see. The more miles I put on it I will post the results on how it's working.

·
Registered
287 Posts
PowerPro

I should have went into more detail with my post on the Cobra Powerpro but, I was at work. Anyway, I have only 200 miles on the Cobra Powerpro. Now, the VV is stock except for the Powerpro, start up is as good as usual, idle is fine ( engine has a hair more growel to it ), throttle response is quick ( no second delay ) from a complete stop and from a roll. The engine temp runs a hair cooler, it use to climb just shy of the "H" on the gauge but now if I remember right the furthest it climbs is about 3/4 up, maybe a hair past that for a few seconds. The bottom line so far is I'm very happy with it and it does make a difference at all power settings. I have a K&N filter on order which should help alittle more. I'm not planning on pipes since this is my touring bike but, we will see. The more miles I put on it I will post the results on how it's working.
Baldrider
Were you checking your fuel mileage prior to the installation? If so what were you getting? After you have a chance to run a couple of tanks through it to get a good average, can you let us know what you find?
Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fuel processer

new guy from south texas. i bought a new 2011 voyager last week on ebay. it is being trucked down from wisconsin. sould be here friday. i was reading the question about th fuel processer. i have one on my 08 c50t and it does make a big difference in power, but it is only 805cc so it may not be a good comparison.
i almost did not buy the voyager because i kept hearing about the overheating problem. ofcorse the dealer said it is not a problem in the 2011, we will see with the temps in the mid 90s in corpus. i did hear of a coolant additive called ice, that is supposed to drop the temp about 30 degrees in th 2010s. anyone know any thing about this ice stuff?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Chris,

I will post back after a couple tanks, as of now I'm getting about 40 mpg since I added the Powerpro but the engine is still breaking in, however before the Powerpro I was getting 38 - 39 mpg but, remember I'm still in the break in period. It looks promising though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i wouldn't get the [email protected] air filter. i have one and i went back to stock cause for some reason( i think its because more air was rushing in and it was bottle necking in the tube going through to the other side)it made the engine lose power. I'm waiting to get the teardrop air kit from thunder. ive heard it really wakes up our voyagers.

·
Registered
369 Posts
What is the difference between the cobra pro and the pcv? Thinking about getting one or the other.
the power commander 5 has specific maps that you have to load off the computer for your specific set up. the cobra power pro is supposed to do everything for you. it adjusted to every setup you have automatically.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Heating

new guy from south texas. i bought a new 2011 voyager last week on ebay. it is being trucked down from wisconsin. sould be here friday. i was reading the question about th fuel processer. i have one on my 08 c50t and it does make a big difference in power, but it is only 805cc so it may not be a good comparison.
i almost did not buy the voyager because i kept hearing about the overheating problem. ofcorse the dealer said it is not a problem in the 2011, we will see with the temps in the mid 90s in corpus. i did hear of a coolant additive called ice, that is supposed to drop the temp about 30 degrees in th 2010s. anyone know any thing about this ice stuff?
Carguy
Welcome. I have the 2010 as do many others, but I can't say it's really a overheating issue. If your not aware (because I wasn't) these bikes are basically totally air cooled except for the heads. I'm in Sulphur Springs TX, and it has been running 100+ for two months now. When the temp gets above 90 - 95 your going to feel it. It's not unbearable, but is noticeable. I did install the Engine Ice, and it did seem to make a difference, although I have not been running a temperature gauge to make an exact measurement. If the air temp is anywhere below 90 these bikes are a pleasure to ride. There's one or two x-Harley riders on the forum with Voyagers now, and their response to the heat is "What heat?" So you see, it's all in what your use to. I think todays high was 89, and the bike was an absolute pleasure! As far as the 2011's not having heat, I'll have to see it to believe it. If the jugs are air cooled, I think your going to feel it, but it's not that bad. Let me know what you think when you get it.
Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts