Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. Which one of you just sold me a Cobra Power Pro on Ebay? Just got one on Ebay for $359.00. Going to switch over from the PCV. I like the idea of no dyno or maps needed and it was a great price. After I ride with it for a few weeks, if I am happy with it I will be selling my PCV. Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I switched over today from PCV to the Cobra Power Pro and I got to do a 120 mile first ride. I am very happy with the Cobra. The Nomad feels more responsive and feels like it pulls harder and longer. That is just my opinion. But, MPG is as I rode 115.5 miles and then filled up with3.04 gallons of gas. Meaning I got 37.99 miles per gallon. 38 gallons compared to 34-36 with the PCV. That is the most I have ever got out of the Nomad. Very happy with the results. I did not have a custom map for my PCV but now I am happy that I dont need one. Decel popping is about the same as before. The Cobra seems to work as it is supposed to. I will have a PCV for sale soon if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
701 Posts
gcsteve you are lucky. When I installed the power pro on my nomad my gas mileage dropped like a tank from 34 mpgs to 29-30 mpgs. Now that I have a vaquero I will be curious to see what happens with this bike. I get around 36 mpgs around town. I hope the same doesn't happen with this bike.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gcsteve you are lucky. When I installed the power pro on my nomad my gas mileage dropped like a tank from 34 mpgs to 29-30 mpgs. Now that I have a vaquero I will be curious to see what happens with this bike. I get around 36 mpgs around town. I hope the same doesn't happen with this bike.
That is strange. All reviews I read about the Cobra said people noticed a gain of 1-2 mpg. Yesterday I was two up and rode calmly most of the time but I did open up the throttle all the way a few times to see if any difference in acceleration. I am sure the PCV with a custom map could do the same but now I dont have to worry about finding a dyno place.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That is strange. All reviews I read about the Cobra said people noticed a gain of 1-2 mpg. Yesterday I was two up and rode calmly most of the time but I did open up the throttle all the way a few times to see if any difference in acceleration. I am sure the PCV with a custom map could do the same but now I dont have to worry about finding a dyno place.
I got the cobra because I didn't want to hassle with tuning. (been there done that) I will install the power pro on my vaquero next week. I did feel the nomad pulled harder. I wonder if the gearing is different between the two bike. I seem to get closer to redline sooner with the vaquero, but the vaquero doesn't have the loud clunky shifting of the nomad. Time will tell.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about the gearing I am sure the pwer pro will wake up you Vaquero. Plus the Vaquero looks badass. I am sure I will probably move to one in the future. I pretty happy with the Nomad right now. Also when I hooked up the pwer pro it started right up. No hesitation at all. I read some people have found they need to turn the starter a second or two more o get it to kick over. I have a thunder stock air box kit with V&H slippons.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Im using the power pro on my 09 Voyager with cobra slip ons, I notice a lot better performance. No longer a sloth. My fuel milage has dropped a bit . the trade off is worth it. Runs like a 1700 should

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am getting 40.5 to 41 mpg right now with the Freedom Performance exhaust and the cobra base model power commander. Still no air intake mod yet as Thunder is having an issue with the chromer.:crying:

·
Registered
439 Posts
last tank i took 18 ltrs for 286 k thats 178 miles 4 Canadian Gallons 44mpg various speeds 50 -62 mph

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm running a PCV with David Sheek's map. Yesterday I was running about a avg of 70mph and got 41mpg and that was figured with my phone calculator, if I can ever get my wrist to adjust and stay out of the throttle I think I could get mid 40's.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I ran davids map and only got 33 mpg average figured at the pump on a 2200 mile ride to fl. My bike must be a piece of junk compared to yours. Mine will not get over 38 with a zero map in the power commander. I don't think this nike would get 40 mpg on a trailer .

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
701 Posts
I ran davids map and only got 33 mpg average figured at the pump on a 2200 mile ride to fl. My bike must be a piece of junk compared to yours. Mine will not get over 38 with a zero map in the power commander. I don't think this nike would get 40 mpg on a trailer .

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Haha I couldn't agree more with you. I bet it would get around 41 mpg on the trailer...lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts