Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heyo all,
So I've been doing some searching, and the prices for some of the more popular air intake kits (at least here in Canada) seem to be ridiculous.. Now I'm not above dropping cash on worthwhile upgrades, but I've been trying to explore what's out there.

One of the options that keeps popping up is Cobra's "Basic" or "Plain" intake (looks kinda like the XXX kit from LA customs). Any one of the round minimalist kits... The problem is that I've not been able to find ANY pictures of it on a Vulcan or any reviews etc.

I'm assuming that any large intake with a decent filter will perform the desired effect and I dig the minimalist design, so I'm mostly curious about how this thing mounts (as it only shows three mounting points), and if it is large enough to cover some of the unsightly bits normally hidden by the stock / larger aftermarket filters.

Does anyone have experience with these? Any photos? Advice?

Thanks!

Jordan

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Jordon,

I have been wondering the same thing. I am interested in one but have no clue which ones are good. My biggest concern with the one like you have in your picture and a lot of them is what happens if you get stuck out in the rain?

·
Registered
74 Posts
As far as performance, if you remove the stock air filter and look at the intake tube, it's a tiny square. Anything aftermarket will remove this restriction and then your limiting factors are having a properly tuned exhaust, heads, and lowish compression ratio. Other than that restriction, aftermarket filters in general are a waste and let more and larger dirt particles through.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts