Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the cobra (or some other brand) aftermarket oil fill cap? If you do, do you still use the o-ring? And does advance or napa sell an appropriate o-ring replacement?

I only ask because back in the end of may I purchased a 2008 900 custom and the oil cap looked a little odd, but I didn't think too much of it. Well I'm changing the oil and I come to find out is that instead of a cap its basically what you might use to plug a small leak on like a row boat. Its a gasket and washer, and you thread it so that the washer pushes against the gasket and makes a seal. I couldn't believe it. It is working for now, but you can see where the gasket is starting to crack from weather. So I decided instead of buying the stock cap I'll purchase one of the chrome ones, but I also need the o-ring and I'd like to just run down to a local store than order a $2 o-ring. And my closest dealer is about an hour away.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just purchased the Cobra oil filler cap but won't be putting it on until tomorrow so I'll get back to you. It does have a rubber o-ring just like the factory cap so I would think it should fit well with no leaks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
O ring

The O-ring for the OEM filler cap should work with any other cap and is available for 2.07 from MRCycles as a separate item. So that should cover any other issues (I hope).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts