Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my bike in March I got it home and realized the top pipe was bent. I took it all apart to find out what was wrong. I have no idea how but the head pipe was bent where it fits into the muffler. A guy can't be riding around on bent pipes so I did the only logical thing - bought new ones. (I was going to anyway :D)

I labored long and hard on which brand to get. I was about to order a set of the new V&H Twin Slash staggereds but they're back-ordered to V&H until at least the end of June. I like the Hard Krome but without removable baffles I couldn't sweat it if they were too loud for my neighbors, so I went with the Cobra Slashdowns.

The pipes and Cobra FI2000R arrived and I installed them Tuesday. I rode to work on them Wednesday and today. They sound beautiful. Even with the FI2000 I still got a small amount of popping, but only if I let the throttle out about 90-95%. If I let it out all the way there wasn't any.

In any case my Cobra PowrFlo air intake arrived and I installed it this evening then took it for a spin. Man, what a difference. No popping, everything sounds brilliant, and the throttle response is great. Stock settings of 4-2-0 on the FI2000.

If nothing else I think they look good. :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
It does look pretty sweet man. I have three cobra products sitting in the same locations on my bike and I agree. Runs fantastic!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im diggin` Cobra black

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sure thing Bro!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts