Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon enough I'll have a little bit of cash (been slooow just saving up $400 with a pregnant wife). for under $400 I can pick up a set of either Cobra Speedster Longs or Cobra Speedster Slashdowns. I LOVE the sound of Powershots but I can't afford them. What's the opinion on what sounds better between either of these Cobra exhausts? Youtube sound clips never really sound accurate or do justice.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Not sure what Cobra pipes I heard, longs maybe, but they had the sharper, more "tinny" rap to them than the Powershots (which I have on mine).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what Cobra pipes I heard, longs maybe, but they had the sharper, more "tinny" rap to them than the Powershots (which I have on mine).
thats what I'm afraid of! not a fan of the tin sound. The powershots sound so strong!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
the longer the pipes the more muffle in the sound, I don't know how to explain muffle sounds, I didn't like the sound, so got shorter ones

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,910 Posts
the longer the pipes the more muffle in the sound, I don't know how to explain muffle sounds, I didn't like the sound, so got shorter ones
I had corbra shorties on my bike for about 7 years, then switched to freedom performance sharps.

On "roll-on" there is no real difference in the sound.

On idle, the freedoms sound better.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Can't say on the V2K as I haven't heard one, but some of the Hardleys I ride with have downsewpt pipes and they sound great. On a separate note, according to some local bike afficionados, I allegedly have Hard Kromes. Can't find a # and the curves don't match the current HK website pics of the 3" big straights, but whatever they are they sound pretty nice.
My only issue is that the longer pipes are too close to my signals. I'm constantly cleaning off black deposits and it irritates the hell out of me.
I haven't decided if I want to change the lights or the pipes, as there's a chance the local constabulary might hassle me if I put the AIO LED taillight on, but the sweet looking downswept pipes are damn expensive.

Again, can't speak for the sound but the position of the straights near the lights is a negative IMHO.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I might have an option. A fella is selling a set of powershots on craigslist in Spokane, WA and he'll sell them to me for $190. I have a buddy in Spokane who could make the transaction happen and ship them to me. However, USPS wants $105.00 to ship them to Gillette, WY. I think fedex and UPS are similar. Anyone have any better ideas on how to ship them here that isn't in the triple digits $$$?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts