Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have experience installing this combination on a Vulcan 900 Classic? I have a Memphis Fats installed.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
390 Posts
Any one have experience installing this combination on a Vulcan 900 Classic? I have a Memphis Fats installed.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
I am curious to know the same thing. I just bought a Memphis Fats Windshield on Sat. Should be here later this week. I saw the notes saying that it didn't fit with the cobra light bar.

OEM Kawasaki Windshield works with the light bar. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are using the quick release trigger lock mount for the windshield the light bar will not work. The windshield sits too far forward. I made my own extensions to mount a light bar with mine. Don't know what kind of bar it is as I bought it used.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If you are using the quick release trigger lock mount for the windshield the light bar will not work. The windshield sits too far forward. I made my own extensions to mount a light bar with mine. Don't know what kind of bar it is as I bought it used.
Where in the world do you buy used motorcycle parts? I have had my 06 Vulcan 900 classic for 8-10 weeks and have spend close to 1500 and I have yet to run across many used parts. Can you supply a picture might help us identify your light bar. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess I kinda have an advantage in one respect. I work at a collision center and we used to do alot of bikes. I got it from the insurance co. on a job I did. Went back through the records today and found it was actually from a wrecked Honda Shadow. I had it sitting in my basement for a long time and came across it during spring cleaning this year and decided to see if I could make it work. All I did was made two extensions out of some hardened steel plate I have to move the bar just forward enough for the lights to clear the windshield. As far as used parts, I get on ebay every week or so and go through all the 900 parts and see if there is anything I want to get. Thats where I found all the new tins for another paint job I did this spring for example. You can check in your area also for swap meets for parts also. As soon as the weather gets nice enough here in Pa again I am gonna take some pics to post on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts