Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I was just about ready to make the Highway bar plunge. I bought a Vulcan 900 that had been lightly laid down, and spent a fortune getting it perfect again. Now I did not need to replace all the stuff I did, there was just light hardly noticeable scratches in most of the stuff I replaced. I just have to have it perfect.

So after:

1. Tank repair and paint
2. New Windshield
3. New Sissy Bar
4. Levers
5. Mirrors
6. Turn Signal Lens's
7. Headlight
8. Coolant Reservoir Cover
9. Rear passanger foot peg

Optional Stuff that I just replaced:

1. Tires Metz 880's
2. Ebc Brake pads
3. Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil
4. Amsoil Coolant

I did all this in the last 5 weeks.

I was thinking Highway Bars to avoid this ever happening to me. ;)

So I was checking out these two:

2. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Freeway-Bars-01-1468A/dp/B001AWH8X4/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=VN900B%20Vulcan%20900%20Classic%7C20211&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Kawasaki%7C729&Year=2006%7C2006&vehicleType=motorcycle&newCar=1&carId=002[/ame]

Does anyone have any opinion on either of these highway bars? :confused:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm real happy with my cobra bars. My brother has The same cobra set on his 900 classic and they saved his foot when he laid the bike down.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got cobra bars with the intention of getting highway pegs for them but I'm to short to reach any pegs I could find so they're just for looks and protection if I ever go down. They look good IMHO.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've got the Cobra's too. They work really good if your bike falls over! No damage any where else!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yes sir, those are the ones. here is a pic. My bike is the custom his is the classic in the background.

Cobra Freeway Bars 01-1468A

This set?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got cobra bars with the intention of getting highway pegs for them but I'm to short to reach any pegs I could find so they're just for looks and protection if I ever go down. They look good IMHO.
Do you have a picture of how your Cobra Highway bars look on your bike?

I've got the Cobra's too. They work really good if your bike falls over! No damage any where else!
That is exactly why I want them, there is always that chance and I want to be able to have a minimal repair bike if it's just a minor side.

I have the Kawi bars and like them. Personally I'd buy the ones I like since they will both do their job if you go down.
Would you happen to have a picture of the Kawasaki Bars on your bike?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The prices are so close, I just cannot help but wonder what bars looks better?

So I'm not sure why I didnt ask sooner, but pics would be really helpful. ;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Here you go

On my brother's classic

On my custom

The prices are so close, I just cannot help but wonder what bars looks better?

So I'm not sure why I didnt ask sooner, but pics would be really helpful. ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Another 650 spent on my bike this weekend alone.

1. Memphis Fats 19" with Trigger release hardware
2. Cobra Sissy Bar
3. Cobra Highway bars

Last week:

Metz 880's both tires
EBC Brakes
all the other stuff mentioned in post 1

Now all I really need is saddlemans saddlebags, that is next week.

And by the end of summer early winter I plan on getting:

Handlebars
Pipes
Intake
Fuel processor

It never ends. :eek:

Shoot I forgot that I will need pegs for those highway bars and passenger floor boards. My old lady doesn't even know how hard I am trying to get her comfy for some longer rides.

And I need a drivers backrest for my mustang seats. OH MY GOD!!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congrats on the new goodies. Post up pics when you get stuff installed. What size Metz did you go with. I have a 200 rear and a 90/90 waiting to be installed. And yes it never ends...
Another 650 spent on my bike this weekend alone.

1. Memphis Fats 19" with Trigger release hardware
2. Cobra Sissy Bar
3. Cobra Highway bars

Last week:

Metz 880's both tires
EBC Brakes
all the other stuff mentioned in post 1

Now all I really need is saddlemans saddlebags, that is next week.

And by the end of summer early winter I plan on getting:

Handlebars
Pipes
Intake
Fuel processor

It never ends. :eek:

Shoot I forgot that I will need pegs for those highway bars and passenger floor boards. My old lady doesn't even know how hard I am trying to get her comfy for some longer rides.

And I need a drivers backrest for my mustang seats. OH MY GOD!!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Not to confuse you but most guards out there will "do the job"... I would go with the look and price that suits you..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the Cobra bars, and I like them. However, I kind of wish I had gone with the Kawi bars, as they angle forward a bit, which would make more room for my big ass feet.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the Cobra bars, and I like them. However, I kind of wish I had gone with the Kawi bars, as they angle forward a bit, which would make more room for my big ass feet.
Shoot, I already ordered the Cobra's. Seems like 80% of more choose the Cobra's over the Kawasaki's. I'm 6 foot and I have size 11 feet. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I believe they all do their jobs. I hope the cobra's will be comfy enough for my height. I am figuring out the pegs to go on the bars already. Maybe the switchblades.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Congrats on the new goodies. Post up pics when you get stuff installed. What size Metz did you go with. I have a 200 rear and a 90/90 waiting to be installed. And yes it never ends...
I sure will!!!! This was last week. Right after the new Metz 880's 170/80/15. And stock size front.

This was before mirrors, levers, coolant rez cover, I found a scratch on it.

And all the other stuff I mentioned is coming in this week. :D

So right after this pic was taken, I ordered. Levers, mirrors, coolant cover, rear peg, lens. Changed them out. Then I ordered the Memphis Fats, sissy bar, and highway bars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh the Cobras are awesome. Just my size 15s bump them every now and then. Size 11s should be fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts