Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reason i shouldnt pull the trigger on a Fi2000R for my 09 Custom? I know Cobra makes the real fancy 80 times a second system but i cant swing $600 bucks for that...will i regret not waiting for that system? Should i go another route?

Right now i currently have completely debaffled stock pipes

Looking to do exhaust and BAK or Big Sucker in the future

·
BOTM Winner, April 2014
786 Posts
I have been running the Cobra fi2000 on my Meany for a couple of years now. No complaints so far. I did have to lower the pot settings from the preset points cause it was rich but all that's needed is a small screwdriver. Good Luck with your decision.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Steammaker,
What kind of bike do you have the cobra pi2000? I have a 2011 vulcan 900 classic Lt, and I'm changing my pipes from the factory exhaust to the cobra dragsters next week. I was thinking about getting the pi2000, but I've read bad things about it. Not sure if I even need one for just replacing the pipes. What's your take on it?
Robf

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner, April 2014
786 Posts
I have an '03 1500 Mean Streak. If you change ONLY the exhaust OR only the air intake you do not need a fuel programmer. I have nothing bad to say about the fi2000. Only thing bad I've heard is that you can't remove fuel if your bike runs rich & that some don't get a good connection when tapping into the wiring near the ECU. If its a good price & it is in working order I say try it. Its way less money than any of the other units available.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
My son has the fi2000 and runs great, I have the powrpro and it runs great as well. I found the powrpro for <$500 (I think it was $465), but that's still double what you can get a fi2000. For me is was about the plug and ride of the powrpro.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Cobra Add Ons

I bought Fi2000 PowerPro on Amazon as well for a little over $400 along with the Cobra PowerFlo Intake air filter system. Installed them both last night and I couldn't be happier. Still spent the $600 tho, LOL. Next thing to do is decide on the pipes I wanna get.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i pulled the trigger on the Fi2000r and bought it from a member of here for next to nothing and now i'm on the hunt for a intake...seems like they all claim to increase the HP and improve throttle response...has anyone felt a true difference between different kits? I am leaning towards the BAK because of its design and flow with the bike but i've heard good things abou the Arlen Ness Big Sucker, however i cant stand thd big round look...and i'm not really crazy about the tornado kit...will i be dissapointed with the BAK?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can I buy one from amazon or eBay? When I called cobra, they told me that I need to specify my bikes year, make model, etc when I buy the fi2000r because it come programmed for my specific bike. How can I purchase one from eBay if it was on a different bike?
Robf

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can I buy one from amazon or eBay? When I called cobra, they told me that I need to specify my bikes year, make model, etc when I buy the fi2000r because it come programmed for my specific bike. How can I purchase one from eBay if it was on a different bike?
Robf
It has nothing to do with their bike vs your bike...think of it like parts for a truck....99-02 Chevy parts fit any Chevy or Gmc 1500 give or take but you can't put F150 parts in a Chevy...all Cobra is telling you to do is make sure you buy the system for your appropriate model and year of vulcan...they don't hand make it just for your vin # or whatever...its a generic setting for all vulcan 900 bikes with the years being the altering factor...hope that helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts