Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my cobra fi2000. what is everyones settings and what mods do you have? sound off please

·
Registered
494 Posts
If you call cobra and tell them what mods you have on your bike they can recomend settings for your bike.

·
Registered
658 Posts
my mods are in my signature, I'm running 2-2-0

·
Registered
166 Posts
I ran 2-2-0 zero as well with v&h pro-pipe and Baron Big Air kit. Worked great. I did eventually change to a v&h fuelpak. I think it give me more granular settings across the throttle range. I think both are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
87 Posts
After a bunch of reading I have just completed the following:
1) removed secondary butterfly valves
2) installed KN filter
3) re- tuned my Cobra fI2000r

My current setup:
- Bub Jug Hugger slash cut 2+2 (drag) with Hard Krome baffles
- K and N factory replacement filter
- Air box mod (removed lower part of inner air box)
- Factory plugs
- Cobra fi2000R
- Marble mod
- Sea level maybe 5-10'
- factory pulleys

I used the prescribed method that the Cobra help line recommended to tune (earlier thread). Damp day my, settings are 4-3-1. So far so good, their is good acceleration and pull from 3rd to 4th with very little if any hesitation when throttle is snapped open. I am believing that since I am at sea level, the abundance of oxygen in the air is going to promote higher pot settings as opposed to someone in Denver with the same set up. I still think their is some direct relationship between knowing where the peak setting of pot 1 is and the sweet spot of where 2 will end up. I don't want to run on the lean side but still looking for maximum power. I know the last POT will need a dyno to really know where it needs to be.

For tuning the #3 POT, I thought about running at highway speed (65) for a few miles, then cutting motor and coasting to stop and check the plugs, but this will be labor intensive and a patient mechanic (me) will be needed (and asbestos hands).

I still need to install NGK iridium plugs but plan on doing that once I am satisfied with the tuning.

What I have noticed is that after the K and N installed and #2 butterfly's removed, I can definitely tell a different sound at idle and at speed. At idle, the sound is like a more finished combustion, like the TO in PO-TA-TO is more complete. At crusing speed it just sounds smoother and also more finished. I am now getting very little backfiring, and was not satisfied with the times it would backfire prior to the K and N. I guess the engine was begging for more oxygen to make a complete burn on the the intake of air fuel mixture.

I love my 9 and it runs great, I just want to be sure It's running the best it can.

Any thoughts are welcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts