Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search and did not find my answer.

They do the exact same thing, both will take the same amount to install maybe even the FI2000 a little less(maybe). But a fact is you can save about $45-50 dollars.

I already get the difference, tapping into wires or dis-connecting OEM connectors and re-connecting with no wire tapping.

Is there anything I am missing? The Cobra website shows both installs very clearly so why not then save $50 when it's 3 wires which I would just solder in rather than tap into(better connection)

But I could be missing something?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think that some people don't want to splice in the controller. They like the plug and pray version. My 2cents worth.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I think that some people don't want to splice in the controller. They like the plug and pray version. My 2cents worth.
Appreciate that and just looking for any other input that tells me spend the extra $45-50 and go with the plug and play, neither installs scare me but just wonder if one is truly better?

thanks again

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would go with plug-and-play for peace of mind that everything is completely reversible, but that's just me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
apreciate it

I would go with plug-and-play for peace of mind that everything is completely reversible, but that's just me.
And that does make sense to me. Just wanted some needed feedback on my thinking :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts