Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at getting one. What I do not understand is how it taps in to the circuit. It is not in series, but parallel.

How can the processor influence the signal when it is just piggybacking the factory wiring, and not inline. I saw an install on a vstar 1300 where a clip was pulled apart, and the processor was inserted in between the clips,. THAT makes sense. I did not buy one because of that. I am a bit confused, so an explanation would be appreciated...

thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bueller.....................Bueller...............Bueller......................Bueller

Hello................Hello......................

I see dead people

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
keep it up and you'll be seeing the bench from the otherside:)

Bueller..Bueller..Bueller..Bueller...Hello..Hello..
I see dead people
rikeraker, in line or in parrallel the processor(s) are doing the same thing. They read what the stock ecu is seeing and sending to the fuel injectors. Since, they are programmed to ADD some duration to the length of time the injectors are energized, they do just that. The in series units, send a longer signal than the stock ecu is sending at that moment in time and space. The in parralel units just sustain the signal longer to achieve the same results... more fuel in the jugs... can you say "BANG!" thought so. out, ponch

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rikeraker, in line or in parrallel the processor(s) are doing the same thing. They read what the stock ecu is seeing and sending to the fuel injectors. Since, they are programmed to ADD some duration to the length of time the injectors are energized, they do just that. The in series units, send a longer signal than the stock ecu is sending at that moment in time and space. The in parralel units just sustain the signal longer to achieve the same results... more fuel in the jugs... can you say "BANG!" thought so. out, ponch
That seems like a good explanation.........................yes.................we'll just go with that one then

1 - 4 of 4 Posts