Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read several reviews about slip on back firing with out a Fuel management system. I haven't installed my slip ons yet and air filter. Any advise before I purchase the Fi2000 power pro?

·
Registered
255 Posts
It will be a little louder with the slip-ons. You will probably hear some popping on decel, that maybe you don't hear now. You should not need a fuel management with just slip-ons, but if you add a free breathing air cleaner (like the K&N you list) you probably should use it. It won't hurt to add one if you want to get it a little richer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be a little louder with the slip-ons. You will probably hear some popping on decel, that maybe you don't hear now. You should not need a fuel management with just slip-ons, but if you add a free breathing air cleaner (like the K&N you list) you probably should use it. It won't hurt to add one if you want to get it a little richer.
Barely hear any popping on decel. Any tips on making the pipes a little louder?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I ran the V&H slip-ons on my 1700 Nomad for about 6 months before I got the air kit and fuel processor. It ran good and even got better fuel mileage. Block off the fresh air line to help with popping on decel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts