Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently added the Cobra fuel processor to my V2K. I'm runnig the Cobra
2 into 1 PowerPro HP exhaust with a K & N air filter. I left the default settings of 3-5-0 for the pots and wondered if anyone else has a similar setup, or different settings. The bike seems to be performing OK, but haven't put many miles on her. I hope to get good performance without losing too much fuel economy. I was getting around 39 mpg with just the exhaust change. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cobra Fi2000R

I read on the VROC that someone was quoted to have tweaked theirs over the period of a year and came up with 5/6/4.5. I just installed one last Saturday and went with 4/5/2. I don't know any better or worse, it seems to work fine. It ran like a bat out of hell before, and still does with better throttle response.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. After 2 tanks of fuel, my mileage went from 39 mpg to
31.5 mpg :eek: I re-adjusted the pots to : 2-4-0 and will see if that still gives me the good power with slightly better gas mileage. I ran the bike over 120 miles on Sunday, running around 65 to 70 mph. I did take her up to 110 for a short time, so I'm sure that lowered my average mpg. If I can get around 35 average, I'll be satisfied.:D

·
Registered
538 Posts
Cruznut6.............

Am I correct in assuming that the larger the number, the richer the mixture?? Did you get a plug reading after your ride Saturday? If so, what did that tell you?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Am I correct in assuming that the larger the number, the richer the mixture?? Did you get a plug reading after your ride Saturday? If so, what did that tell you?
That's correct; the higher the number, the more fuel added. I haven't pulled the plugs yet, but I had the same issue with my 1600 Classic when I added the Cobra processor. The pipes seem slightly more sooty than normal, so that's why I lowered the settings. I will check the plugs when I've ridden a few hundred miles. With the Cobra processor, you can't "lean" it out because their unit only "adds" fuel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the stock pipes and is running a little rich. How to you adjust it to run a little leaner or do you have to take it to a Kawasaki dealer to have them adjust it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The last dial/pod is for full throttle blast so I do not see why anyone (other than race riders) would run this other than 0. Maybe if you want a good response if you were to ever go mental on yur beast.

I think first is for idle and cruzing so I have it at 2, never felt it really needed any more as it ran fine without it the time I tested with the fuel manager completely off. I am testing like this in my next trip, both for fuel mileage and performance hauling a trailer up ad down mountain roads.

The 2nd is the one I care most for and I have it dialed at 4 at the moment, it works well in my day trips and city use but I will also be testing this in the upcoming trip. It has lowered my fuel mileage to around 32-35 mpg, consider I do some city ridding and my town does not have highways within the cu=ity limits so it is sto an go traffic cus stop signs and traffic signals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts