Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All:

Need your opinions about loudness of cobra exhaust.

I have an '08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad that still has stock exhaust. I want to change over to Cobra Exhaust and am just curios as to how loud Cobra will be as compared to the stock exhaust....... Slightly Louder, Moderately Louder, or a LOT louder?

Thank you in advance!!!

TCB

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'd say they'll be somewhere between moderate and a lot louder. This old article might help a little. They used a Vulcan 1500 but it's not that different from the 1600.

Motorcycle Exhaust-System Comparison: Pipes for Kawasaki Big Twins | Motorcycle Cruiser

Too loud or not is relative. To me, my V&H are too damn loud but to others, they aren't loud enough. I've even considered going back to stock. I'm going to try the Smartpartz Hard Kore Baffles first to see if that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CRU! That article was very informative. Appreciate you responding to my question. Ride Safe!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have Cobra long shots on my 08 1600 with the baffles removed and yes they are LOUD but thats the way I like it...i tried with the baffles in and it was a bit more quiet but not a whole lot.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jau Jay; thank you for the information. I'm probably going with the Cobra pipes, I do like the look and sure I'll be pleased with the sound! Thanks again and Ride Safely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts