Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me just say that this looks like a great forum and group of Vulcan owners. I'm so glad I found it!

I just bought a new 09 Classic. The dealer had already put Cobra Dragster pipes on it. At first I thought I really liked the sound but after just a few days am finding them a bit too loud and "barky". Has anyone with the Dragsters tried putting in the quiet baffles? How did they sound and how much difference in loudness level did it make?

They are supposed to reduce 3-5 dB, but that's not a very easy measure to imagine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
First, let me just say that this looks like a great forum and group of Vulcan owners. I'm so glad I found it!

I just bought a new 09 Classic. The dealer had already put Cobra Dragster pipes on it. At first I thought I really liked the sound but after just a few days am finding them a bit too loud and "barky". Has anyone with the Dragsters tried putting in the quiet baffles? How did they sound and how much difference in loudness level did it make?

They are supposed to reduce 3-5 dB, but that's not a very easy measure to imagine.

Thanks!
yes my friend i have the quite baffels and yes it's a big change , i use to put ear plugs but now i don't the sound is very nice , quite when on idle and it screams when you want it to ,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes my friend i have the quite baffels and yes it's a big change , i use to put ear plugs but now i don't the sound is very nice , quite when on idle and it screams when you want it to ,
Glad to hear! Is the difference also noticeable cruising at 60-65 MPH?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's wierd at 60-65 is the loudest and most uncomfortabul but past 70 not loud ???
Interesting. Just this morning I discovered the SmartPartz Hard Kore inserts (roughly twice the dB reduction). It sounds like I may want to start with those.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Interesting. Just this morning I discovered the SmartPartz Hard Kore inserts (roughly twice the dB reduction). It sounds like I may want to start with those.

Thanks for your input!
yes i have those but tried to put'em on the quite core baffels but there wasn't much clearance it sounds like the engine is chocking , the smartpartz baffels looks very simple just a lettle metal saperator wellded in a tube it's like the only function is to split the sound in half ??? i don't know if it's better than the quite core but i am very happy .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i have those but tried to put'em on the quite core baffels but there wasn't much clearance it sounds like the engine is chocking , the smartpartz baffels looks very simple just a lettle metal saperator wellded in a tube it's like the only function is to split the sound in half ??? i don't know if it's better than the quite core but i am very happy .
So did you end up putting them on the original Cobra baffles?

·
Registered
161 Posts
So did you end up putting them on the original Cobra baffles?
no my friend , i just don't have the time to install and uninstall i know what COBRA sounds like the defference is known now no matter what you do , iam thinking of replacing the system with ROAD HOUSE 2 in 1 it sounds very nice on the VN900

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my SmartPartz baffles installed today. They really cut down the noise. The Cobras will still growl when you get on it but at idle and lower RPMs they are pretty quiet. At highway speeds there is a noticeable difference in the loudness, but not as much as at the lower RPMs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts