Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to order the Freedom Performance Pipes. I have two exhaust systems I'd like to get rid off. They are Cobra and Big N Nasty Pipes. If anyone live in North Dallas, make me an offer and pick them up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You will love the Freedoms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
smedlin,

Before I order this, will it come with everything I need for the installation? Will it stick out wider than the Cobra Pipes?

The picture shows black, but I think it's a chrome because the Manufacturer Part Number is MK00003.

Thanks....

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
smedlin,

Before I order this, will it come with everything I need for the installation? Will it stick out wider than the Cobra Pipes?
http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Performance-Cruiser-Exhuast-MK00003/dp/B005UGJVTK/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1TFBK3C7LO58P

The picture shows black, but I think it's a chrome because the Manufacturer Part Number is MK00003.

Thanks....
It didn't come with replacement Exhaust Gaskets. So make sure you pick up some. Other than that, everything was there.

It's not difficult to do. Install the top one FIRST. That way if, while installing the bottom one, it slips a few times, your not banging anything below it.

If you install the bottom one first, and the top slips while installing it, it will bang the one below it.

O, and try to keep the pipes covered while installing.

Getting the mounting bracket all lined up was a pain in the butt. However, that may have been cause I was doing it by myself.

They make two versions of the pipes, a chromed one and a black one. Hope you got the right one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered the Freedom pipes on Amazon and the exhaust gaskets from the local dealer. The pipes will arrive on Wednesday and the gaskets will be comming on Friday. I'll install it this weekend and setup an appointment for dyno tune next. Hopefully, I don't problem installing it.

·
4,906 Posts
It really is not complicated to put the on.

having a socket with a pivot head really came in handy. I think for one of the bolts for the lower pipe (that connects to the head near the radiator), the socket would not fit (no room at all) and I used a box wrench.

the bolts on the middle of the pipes (where they bolt to the frame/bracket) is a pain. There's a few "moving things" you have to line up just right before the bolt will screw in..and not much room to work in. Specially if you have big fat fingers like me.

Having it dyno'd up there really will give you better results than using my map. Like i said, I had mine done in June last year. Good ole' Humid Houston.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
smedlin,

Did you tighten up the shields with hose clamps first before you install the pipes?

·
4,906 Posts
smedlin,

Did you tighten up the shields with hose clamps first before you install the pipes?
No, you want them kind of lose when you install them. You will need to shift things a bit to get everything lined up and even. Then you tighten the heat shield clamps (make sure you angle them in a way you can access them).

I don't remember about the very first clamp (near the heads).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts