Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a knob with 1,2,3,4&5 on it. But I don't know what that does. That's part of why I'm asking. I have read that there is no adjustment for the clutch. I am currently set at 1.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you rotate the knob around you will see that it adjust the 'at rest' position of the clutch lever. So if you have a small hand, you can adjust the knob so that the lever rests closer to the bar.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason for my question is that the lever is almost completely released or in the "at rest" position before the bike begins to move. I only feel like it might be slipping once in a great while when going from 4th to 5th gear under full throttle. You know balls to the wall.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The reason for my question is that the lever is almost completely released or in the "at rest" position before the bike begins to move. I only feel like it might be slipping once in a great while when going from 4th to 5th gear under full throttle. You know balls to the wall.
I have an '04 1600 Classic and mine is the same. It releases in the last 1/4-1/2 " of travel. On rare occasions I feel like it's slipping if I try a full throttle acceleration in 4th or 5th... Like I'm lugging along and just twist into it. I'm totally new to motorcycles (this is my first and I've had it 1 yr, 2000 miles), but I'd think it would throw me back on trying this acceleration.

·
Registered
457 Posts
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^ . The clutch engage on these bikes with the hydraulic clutches are mostly at the end. The adjustment handle really doesn't do much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts