Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my 2005 Vulcan Classic garaged for 7 years I am now taking it out. However, the clutch is not working. I do my own wrenching but I have never taking this bike apart.
Which is the best reference mechanic book I would need and for those that have already dont this how complicated could it be? Can I get to it easy?
I have already tried to get it to loose by several means but not it is wrench time...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate that you check if I went over the basics but let me assure you they are all covered already. I can Google this but I rather get a straight answer from a forum member.
Ty!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi ty welcome back ! with it being stood for so long I suspect the plates are stuck together ! :( But if its owt like a 88 it will NOT move in gear with the motor NOT running ! with the clutch pulled in ! so time to get wrenching ! you tube has some GOOD vids on there ! which will help you a lot :)

Steve

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
I appreciate that you check if I went over the basics but let me assure you they are all covered already. I can Google this but I rather get a straight answer from a forum member.
Ty!
So you are saying that you have done the flush and fill already?

What do you mean by "clutch is not working"? What is the issue?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's a fairly simple job. I've done it twice on mine, the second time took 30 mins. There are plenty of videos on YouTube to walk you through it. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you are saying that you have done the flush and fill already?

What do you mean by "clutch is not working"? What is the issue?
That's what I meant. Basics have been covered. Clutch is not opening so when i put the bike on gears it dies.

Bike is in a lift and I got to the clutch. Haven't had time for anything else but today i might be able to get a few things done.

Ty!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i know you said you tried everything and have to go into the clutch but When you said "when i put the bike in gear it dies" do you mean that it actually shuts down or does it lurch forward when shifting to first as it would if the clutch was not pulled in while clicking it into gear if it just dies i have the following suggestion if it lurches forward disregard my suggestion lol.

Did you check the kick stand safety switch which since ur bike has not moved in a long time could be not working so when u put the stand up and put bike in gear it dies cause its stuck "on"..

Please follow up when you fix the problem other people have the same issues .

·
Registered
119 Posts
i know you said you tried everything and have to go into the clutch but When you said "when i put the bike in gear it dies" do you mean that it actually shuts down or does it lurch forward when shifting to first as it would if the clutch was not pulled in while clicking it into gear if it just dies i have the following suggestion if it lurches forward disregard my suggestion lol.

Did you check the kick stand safety switch which since ur bike has not moved in a long time could be not working so when u put the stand up and put bike in gear it dies cause its stuck "on"..
I was thinking the same thing, and he says it's on a lift so another question is are you sitting on it on the ground when this happens? He's a little touchy about suggestions so please don't take offense, just trying to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts