Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone my bike has 65,000 miles and I'm starting to feel the clutch is about to give up , it doesn't slip or make noises or acts jerky , what happens is that I can feel that it engages in a very short space of the lever travel , I have adjusted it to Kawasaki specs and I also have tried different adjustments (tighter and looser ) withe the same feel . Anyway I'm thinking to buy a replacement set and chnge the clutch before it gives up . So I would like to hear from all of you who have replaced their clutch what is your experience and what do you think is the better option OEM or aftermarket , and also what brand/model set do you recomend . Thank you all in advanced for you advice .

·
Registered
673 Posts
Have you changed to a different oil recently ?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Exactly what I was going to ask. MA2 rated oil has a tighter tolerance than MA rated. I did that switch to MA2 rated last year and immediately noticed the friction zone was quite a bit narrower.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same oil

Nope I haven't changed ,I use Motul 3000 4T 10W-40 wich is JASO MA2 rated

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just recently swapped clutch plates. My originals were warped out of spec. I found this out when I blew my third clutch cable and even with a new one, I couldn't get her to shift into neutral without killing the engine. Compared to my old clutch, though, the sweet spot is extremely narrow, but I went with aftermarket. Works fine, though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

I just recently swapped clutch plates. My originals were warped out of spec. I found this out when I blew my third clutch cable and even with a new one, I couldn't get her to shift into neutral without killing the engine. Compared to my old clutch, though, the sweet spot is extremely narrow, but I went with aftermarket. Works fine, though.
Thank you , can you telll me what brand you purchased ? Also what model or part number

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
are you wanting to change the clutch discs? or the clutch spring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts