Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I am selling my current bike (A VTX 1800C3) do to the clutch. I injured my left wrist and hand 2 years ago. (Transmission fell on it) And I have been told it will never be 100% again.
So after 1-2 hours in the saddle my hand is killing me do to the heavy clutch on my bike. I searched and there is no way to change this on this bike.

My question is I like the Vaquero. Is the clutch softer on that? If not can it be made to be easier to pull?

I know this can be done on bikes with cable clutches easy. But it seems hydraulic ones are a bit more difficult to do.

I did this on my wifes 1300R cable clutch system and I can ride that all day no problem. But I can't take her bike, and its underpowered to me. :grin2:

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hello.

I am selling my current bike (A VTX 1800C3) do to the clutch. I injured my left wrist and hand 2 years ago. (Transmission fell on it) And I have been told it will never be 100% again.
So after 1-2 hours in the saddle my hand is killing me do to the heavy clutch on my bike. I searched and there is no way to change this on this bike.

My question is I like the Vaquero. Is the clutch softer on that? If not can it be made to be easier to pull?

I know this can be done on bikes with cable clutches easy. But it seems hydraulic ones are a bit more difficult to do.

I did this on my wifes 1300R cable clutch system and I can ride that all day no problem. But I can't take her bike, and its underpowered to me. :grin2:

Thanks guys!
I haven't really thought about how easy the clutch pull is on my Voyager as I've never had a problem with my hands, but I can see your concern. One this bike you can adjust both levers so they are closer to the grip therefore less distance to pull and engage. This probably doesn't help any, you may have to find one to test drive.....or pull. Good luck

·
Registered
669 Posts
In your situation, for no clutch-pull issues whatsoever and heaps of power on tap, I'd be considering one of the new Gold Wing DCT auto models? ...Hell, I'm considering one anyway, without having those issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In your situation, for no clutch-pull issues whatsoever and heaps of power on tap, I'd be considering one of the new Gold Wing DCT auto models? ...Hell, I'm considering one anyway, without having those issues.

Good option.
But sadly I don't have that kind of money.

6-10k is about all I can swing.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I haven't really thought about how easy the clutch pull is on my Voyager as I've never had a problem with my hands, but I can see your concern. One this bike you can adjust both levers so they are closer to the grip therefore less distance to pull and engage. This probably doesn't help any, you may have to find one to test drive.....or pull. Good luck
What dlars said. Unfortunately, this really doesn't do much for the tension, just makes it a more comfortable position. Some bikes with hydraulic clutches have an angle adjustment in addition to the position adjustment on the Voyager/Vaquero. Changing that angle gives changes the mechanical leverage. Wish they had put that on our bikes.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What dlars said. Unfortunately, this really doesn't do much for the tension, just makes it a more comfortable position. Some bikes with hydraulic clutches have an angle adjustment in addition to the position adjustment on the Voyager/Vaquero. Changing that angle gives changes the mechanical leverage. Wish they had put that on our bikes.
I agree, it would be great fi we had both adjustments available. It would also be nice if we had more adjustment on the position. I shortened the rod for the master cylinder by about 2mm and it made a difference, the down side however is that the clutch lever now moves a bit when riding, enough so that at times it hits the switch and cancels cruise control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts