Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my clutch is messing up on me. I have ZERO clutch travel. It actually tries to pull forward while its clutched. I bought the bike off my father in law and he said he had brand new clutch plates put in it and he had the same problem and it turned out that (I think) the reservoir has a pin hole that got clogged and he had a guy just clean it out and it fixed it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 1500's. Is there an adjustment knob/wheel/thingy on your clutch handle on the handlebar?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It’s dose happen sometimes and something will clog the tiny hole and cause the clutch not to work properly. Another thing I have ran into is getting air in the line. When I had my 1500 nomad I replace the clutch in it and forgot to bleed the system my clutch would not engage it would not work properly until I bled the hydraulic line of all the air.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s dose happen sometimes and something will clog the tiny hole and cause the clutch not to work properly. Another thing I have ran into is getting air in the line. When I had my 1500 nomad I replace the clutch in it and forgot to bleed the system my clutch would not engage it would not work properly until I bled the hydraulic line of all the air.
Is there a bleeder valve for the clutch?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have a hydraulic clutch then yes it should have one, just follow the line from the clutch down to the motor and at the end of that line will have a bleeder. You might need to pull the side engine cover off to get at it. If your not sure how to bleed the system message me again and I’ll try and give you a step by step on how to do it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have a hydraulic clutch then yes it should have one, just follow the line from the clutch down to the motor and at the end of that line will have a bleeder. You might need to pull the side engine cover off to get at it. If your not sure how to bleed the system message me again and I’ll try and give you a step by step on how to do it
Thanks man

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you sure that the right "Shim" plates were installed i had this problem when i tried to do my clutch bike was still pulling even with clutch pulled in they sell different thickness of 1 plate that acts as a shim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you sure that the right "Shim" plates were installed i had this problem when i tried to do my clutch bike was still pulling even with clutch pulled in they sell different thickness of 1 plate that acts as a shim
I have no idea man. A shop around town did it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts