Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't find anything on this forum about rebuilding the clutch master cylinder so sorry if this has already been discussed. I'm working on my 2010 Voyager 1700 non ABS. I want to rebuild the Clutch master cylinder but I can't seem to find a rebuild kit that says it is for this bike. I know people out there have rebuilt the clutch master. What rebuild kit did you use? Is it the same kit for the front brake master?

Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I will order that and give it a try. I like the idea of replacing the rubber components of the slave cylinder also. I will post again once I have rebuilt the clutch line and components.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Flushing AND bleeding of ALL the hydraulic systems on a regular basis will prevent or minimize the need for rebuilding the components. In our South Florida humid environment, or any humid area, flushing and bleeding once a year helps to correct the normal deterioration of the fluid. No matter where you are flushing/bleeding the clutch system should be done once a year due to engine heat and it's affect on the fluid.

I put 100,031 miles on my Vaq in 5 years, and with regular hydraulic system maintenance never had any issues, and even better my 2000 Hayabusa finally had to have the rear m/c rebuilt when it was 17 years old with over 70,000 miles. Front m/c is still good.

RACNRAY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts