Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the clutch lever is adjustable? My wife seems to be reaching too far to get to hers.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Since i do not know the year or model of your bike i would say yes.....should be a adjustment dial numbered 1 to 5.....push the lever forward and turn the adjuster..the distance from the grip to the released lever is minimum at 5 and max at 1.....Hope this helps....Terry

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOps, I posted under the 900 forum, should have put the info in. 2009 900LT

Thanks for the response, I will pull it out of the shed and check that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know if the clutch lever is adjustable? My wife seems to be reaching too far to get to hers.
The brake lever has an adjustment to make it rest closer to the grip. The clutch lever is only adjustable for free play. The only way I think you could get the clutch lever closer to the grip is to change out the lever. I don’t even know if that would work

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks "ForestLake". I have rather small hands, when I wear bulky cold weather gloves the clutch gets a little hard for me to reach. I'll have to add these to my wish list! I notice you changed your avatar ForestLake, getting antsie for spring are we?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I had tried searching my most oft-used mail-order suppliers, Dennis Kirk and Cruiser Customizing, and found nothing in the way of adjustable clutches until I stumbled upon that place, which I had never heard of so I can't make any recommendations either way about them, but it is the first adj. clutch I think I've seen anywhere.

Oh yes, getting most antsy for spring is right. We can already tell a bit of lengthening of the daylight in the afternoons, we're gaining about 1m 20s of sunlight each day right about now... though the snow is still deep and we're set for another arctic blast this weekend... it IS getting closer.:)

And yes, I figured since it's a new year, why not try a new avatar for a while. For those who might not immediately recognize it, it's the logo from one of my favorite summertime brews (Bell's Oberon Ale). Think summer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts