Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, today i noticed something wrong with my bike.
Whenever I come to a full stop it is difficult to get the bike in neutral, I have to let go the clutch lever a little bit, so the bike moves only with the engine, then I can get it in neutral.

Has this happen to any of you before, what could be causing this?

It only happens when fully stopped, going up or down the gears while riding is normal.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
It's always best (with any bike) to down shift while still rolling (with the clutch pulled in) up to a stop. Allows you to get into first, then finding neutral is easy. If I come to a stop and forget to downshift while rolling (with the clutch pulled in) it can be difficult to shift without letting the clutch out slightly. This has been the same with all my bikes.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Bought my bike with same problem. Downshifting advise you received is sound wisdom. Make sure bike is idling high enough - very important. If you are stopped and you did not get to first for whatever reason try this. Give the bike a little roll while trying to find first/ neutral - you don't have to push it just a little heel/toe will do. The other trick is a little throttle blip.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I always down shit to a complete stop, then from 1st I look for neutral, and it is very hard until I let go of the clutch lever a little bit, the bike barely moves, then I'm able to get it in neutral

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Well I always down shit to a complete stop, then from 1st I look for neutral, and it is very hard until I let go of the clutch lever a little bit, the bike barely moves, then I'm able to get it in neutral
Are you due for an oil change? Is your clutch's sweet spot still in the middle of the travel of the clutch lever?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed the oil 1K miles ago, more or less. I'll check the oil to se how it is. The sweet spot is right in the middle still

1 - 7 of 7 Posts