Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to remove the "Clutch Outer Mark Cover" on a 1700? It's the cover on the right (if sitting on the bike) side that says kawasaki. For some stupid reason mine is discoloring already. All the service manual says is "detach cover".

·
Registered
636 Posts
clutch cover

Road mine in the rain once and is already dicolored. I think its stuck on with double sided tape. I wish someone made an after market cover for it I would buy one and replace it!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same with mine. Rode in the rain the other day. Thought it was just grime so I hit it up with the same stuff I use on my chrome. Just made it worse. Gonna see if the dealer will hook me up with a new one under warranty. It seems like some kind of cheapy metal. I wonder if I could buy a new one and have it chromed??

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mine was scratched up when i bought my Nomad with1200 miles on it. Isaw a pic of a 1700 motor yesterday on ebay with the cover removed. Looks like it was held on with tape. Let us know if yo find something. Good luck.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I haven't had that one off yet but I'm going to. I did take off the ones on the air boxes and the one on the lower left back by the pulley. The air boxes I painted with that Black Hammered paint and put a concho in the middle of it ...looks good. The one on the lower left I put a Ride to Live chrome piece over it once removed. Looks good too. Those things are put on with double sided tape and you will bend them up trying to remove them... they're aluminum thats why they look like crap after awhile. I'll send pics later. In Sturgis now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Anybody know how to remove the "Clutch Outer Mark Cover" on a 1700? It's the cover on the right (if sitting on the bike) side that says kawasaki. For some stupid reason mine is discoloring already. All the service manual says is "detach cover".
Apparently (?) that cover just snaps into place. The installation procedure calls for aligning a mark but says nothing about tape, etc., so I assume it snaps on.

·
Registered
255 Posts
they're aluminum thats why they look like crap after awhile.
Since you said they are aluminum, I went out and tried some Mothers on the clutch cover. I think it is coated with some kind of plastic though. After rubbing it pretty good, it cleaned up ok. If I can take it off, I think I might paint it. Not doing anything until I know for sure how to get it off without damaging it though.
Chrome would look good there if someone made it. Some entrepreneur will get this figured out, and make a Kazillion dollars off us.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts