Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today's the day, i've decided, to remove the clutch cover on my classic 900 to paint it mat black.

I've been doing some reading, right now what i'm seeing is that I need the new gasket (which I have), oil and coolant (also acquired), and some high temp paint (got it).

I'm wondering if anyone else has gone so far as to take off their clutch cover for any reason, anything I need to watch out for?

Couple questions as well. I noticed a hard tube going from the cover to the engine. Are there gaskets I need to get for that?
I'm going see if I can't download the MOM for the bike when I get home as well as take a goood hard look at kawasakipartshouse.com.

Please, please.. Don't respond with 'check your mom' or anything like that. I'm asking you guys because I value the input here, thats why I post questions like this.. Its NOT because i'm incapable of my own research or input.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ImageUploadedByMO Free1381853507.852759.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1381853519.067865.jpg

Jobs done. Looks great, but now I need to paint all the other parts that I painted so they'll match. Its all good though, i'm always finding excuses to take this thing apart and put it back together.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts