Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

The little round clutch cover (right side of the bike) on my 2009 1700 Classic looks like crap and I know I'm not the only one. I'm looking for ideals. I'd rather not replace it with the same...don't mind the branding, but not a fan of the art work. Would rather replace it with a after market chrome or black plate. Maybe paint it? If nothing else, how does it come off? The manual just says 'remove'. I don't want to damage it. :confused:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Your bike's an '09. Haven't you changed the clutch fluid yet?

Do you have the service manual? After you remove the fasteners it is held by the rubber seal so you do have to work it loose.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a hold over...only passing 10, 000 now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fasteners? So that whole big cover assembly needs to come off? I can't just remove the plate itself?

·
Registered
226 Posts
The fasteners? So that whole big cover assembly needs to come off? I can't just remove the plate itself?
You are talking about the clutch cover (right side of engine) and twowheeladdict is talking about the slave cylinder cover (left side of transmission).
My clutch cover was looking scuzzy as well, I just took a buffing wheel on my electric drill and polished it up. I believe it is a metal decal similar to the air cleaner covers, stuck on with some really good 2-sided tape, and it will most certainly be ruined if you try pull it off.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
You are talking about the clutch cover (right side of engine) and twowheeladdict is talking about the slave cylinder cover (left side of transmission).
My clutch cover was looking scuzzy as well, I just took a buffing wheel on my electric drill and polished it up. I believe it is a metal decal similar to the air cleaner covers, stuck on with some really good 2-sided tape, and it will most certainly be ruined if you try pull it off.
oops. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the best option is to scuff it up with some fine sand paper and paint it a flat black. It can't look any worse than it does right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts