Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i accidently ordered a clutch cable for the vn900 custom when i needed one for my classic.....diffrent part numbers but is ther really any diffrence?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
completely different. The angle it comes off the handle bar, the path the cable takes and the mount at the transmission are all different.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have a classic one here and I ride a custom. Want to do a trade?

·
Registered
350 Posts
So i accidently ordered a clutch cable for the vn900 custom when i needed one for my classic.....diffrent part numbers but is ther really any diffrence?
I have a classic one here and I ride a custom. Want to do a trade?
Walk out to your bikes, with the new cable in hand, and compare them for yourselves. I bet you will find the 54011-0069 cable is the same as the 54011-0070 cable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't gotten the cable yet i ordered it yesterday and a few hours later i was reviewing my order when i noticed the seller stated the cable was for the custom only and to use the -0070 cable for the classic.....i know the bikes are pretty much the same but i dont understand why kawa would designate diffrent part numbers if the cables wer same spec....thats why im asking.....no time to waste ya know

·
Registered
341 Posts
The funny thing is that I thought I had the correct one. I never bothered to imagine there would be a difference in the CABLE. It was this thread that threw me off. Now I will forget it about it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts