Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 vulcan classic with 2500 miles i have lost the clutch cable twice both times breaking at the connection on the bottom clutch. Dealer says its just wear anyone else have this problem.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
That doesn't sound right to me. I've been riding since 1981 and I've only broken 1 clutch cable; and that was due to a damaged handle. I've got 22K miles on my '07 Custom with the original cables.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clutch cable

thanks for the reply im going to a differant dealer hopefully its just bad luck with the cables and not something internal i will post the results

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Zman, make sure that you inspect the new cable for any little frays near the ends. Another thing to check for is kinks in the cable.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I have a 2009 vulcan classic with 2500 miles i have lost the clutch cable twice both times breaking at the connection on the bottom clutch. Dealer says its just wear anyone else have this problem.
Do you have the necessary free play at the lever and the lever holder when you take up the slack? It should measure 2-3mm. Other than that, do you park the bike where others can get at it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clutch cable

thanks for the replys i did notice when i picked up the bike from the dealer service shop there was no play in the cluch handle and it was stiff by the time i was going to take it back in it had broke the second time. i have since dropped it off at another dealer service shop to be repaired i will be sure to check before i sign off on it. thanks again for the tips. Z-Man

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
thanks for the replys i did notice when i picked up the bike from the dealer service shop there was no play in the cluch handle and it was stiff by the time i was going to take it back in it had broke the second time. i have since dropped it off at another dealer service shop to be repaired i will be sure to check before i sign off on it. thanks again for the tips. Z-Man
This leads me to believe maybe the dealer that you brought it to tried to repair the cable, not replace it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts