Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I have a 2006 V2K LT and the clutch cable just snapped. Looking like about an $80 part. Any advice on how to replace/install? Do I need to drain the oil first? Are there any videos available? That would be very helpful! FYI, just glad this didn't happen on the road!

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
OEM replacement cost me $25 at the dealer. Adjustable at the center of the cable, instructions are out there on the Interweb, I used the YouTube video for a Victory, same basic procedure. No oil to drain, not hydraulic on the VN2000. Best of luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,916 Posts
it's really not difficult.

Watch a few videos on how to do it. All non-hydrolic clutches are pretty much the same setup.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You are so lucky...mine happened on the road. Now I carry an extra in my saddlebag just in case. But everyone is right...very easy to replace.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE! Ordered the clutch from Kawasaki Parts House: OEM Parts Diagrams & Accessories. I think I'll be spending a bunch of money with these guys! Got it inside a week. OEM, not aftermarket and only $25 (plus shipping - had I gotten 2 shipping would have been free). Installed in about 20 minutes. Back in the saddle baby!

Thanks for the help. Digging this forum already!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts