Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know its real name is clutch housing but most people say clutch basket and most everyone knows what they're talking about. Anyway. Has anyone changed the clutch on the Voyager and if so what condition was the clutch basket in. And that's wonderful, to those who will say they have 200k-300k miles on their's and they have been riding like they stole it and the clutch is still fine. Anyway, I'm talking about grooves along the fingers. I'll probably be changing mine sometime in the near future and was wondering . I have everything I need to do the job. Frictions plates, steel plates, gasket, exhaust gaskets, oil and filter. I like to have everything I need on hand when I start a job. Hate to have the bike down a week to 10 days waiting for a part. I'm not an aggressive rider, I try to treat my things with care so hopefully mine will be in good shape. Not going to wait until it's slipping before I change it. Don't want to get caught the other side on North Tim-Buck-To with a clutch that's going south.:surprise:

·
Registered
25 Posts
What kind of mileage do you have on your bike to think about replacing your clutch/clutch basket as a preventative maintenance item? I am beginning to think of larger maintenance items to be done as the bike will pass 50k miles in the next week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts