Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started out on a ride this Friday late afternoon, did not get a 1/2 mile from the house when I noticed a clunk when I accelerated, just at the beginning. Then my Bike started making a noise like the bottom of it was falling apart. I limped home. I got up the next morning, checked all the fluids again etc.... Decided to ride it again and nothing. I rode for about an hour. Maybe it was just a fluke, not sure if anyone else has had a similar problem? Rode again for about an hour and nothing. Strange???

·
Registered
987 Posts
clunk

Check your belt for rock damage. Sometimes a rock just the right size will get trapped in the belt and produce a god-awful banging noise. Another area to look is the drive pulley. There was a recall some time ago about the drive pulley spline.... Not sure what year your V2K is but my 04 was part of the recall. All they did was pull the pulley, inspect it, use the proper lubricant and then put it back on... good luck, intermittent noises are the bane of riders:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your belt for rock damage. Sometimes a rock just the right size will get trapped in the belt and produce a god-awful banging noise. Another area to look is the drive pulley. There was a recall some time ago about the drive pulley spline.... Not sure what year your V2K is but my 04 was part of the recall. All they did was pull the pulley, inspect it, use the proper lubricant and then put it back on... good luck, intermittent noises are the bane of riders:cool:
Mine is an 07, i will call the dealer and see if the recall applies. What you are saying sounds like what happened. The next day it made no noise at all. The joys of owning a Motorcycle!! Thanks

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
... intermittent noises are the bane of riders:cool:
Yup, I nearly postponed a ride last Saturday due to a new noise that came out of no where. Sounded like a brake pad dragging or maybe the early signs of a dry bearing.

Got checking and was just about to give up and call off the ride when out of the corner of my eye saw a little bit of a twig and leaf had apparently been thrown up off the road and lodged against the tire, causing that light scraping noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts