Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I might catch flack for this... but I love the look of a club style Harley. The square body seat, 2-1 exhaust, tall straight risers, and those goofy tall fairings took a while to grow on me. If you're unsure of what I'm talking about, look up dynamite crew on IG.

Has anyone seen a club style vulcan or metric cruiser? I would love to throw a biltwell Murdock and a tracker bar on my VN800 but they're made for Harleys only. The mustang fastback looks as close to a squarebody seat as you can get.

Surely I can't be the only one interested in this? And if I am, welp oh well. Let me know!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not on Instagram, how about a pic so we know what you’re talking about.

As for this fairing that you love; what about fabricating some brackets for it? I picked up a 2016 street glide fairing off craigslist for cheap and am putting that on my ‘95 VN88. Pretty sure you can’t buy brackets to do that either ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not on Instagram, how about a pic so we know what you’re talking about.

As for this fairing that you love; what about fabricating some brackets for it? I picked up a 2016 street glide fairing off craigslist for cheap and am putting that on my ‘95 VN88. Pretty sure you can’t buy brackets to do that either [IMGclass=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

Here ya go!

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok, I gotcha. Don’t know why you would catch flak for that, but then again I’m one for making your bike what you want.

Can’t help you much on anything but the fairing brackets. My 88 came with a windshield, and I’m making brackets that will fit on the original windshield fork mounts.

Just an angle grinder and some files will get you there. If you have a bench grinder and a drill press that will speed up the process.

Now I’m just bending some round stock and welding washers on where the bolt points are on the fairing, and then welding the round stock to the brackets. Voila, street glide fairing on an 88 ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love the looks of the Clubstyle bikes i'm currently on the way to build my own Clubstyle Vulcan

I used a memphis shades knockoff fairing and the only things missing ate the 2 into 1 exhaust and the stepup seat

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not a vulcan, but heres my 02 Marauder 800. got new taller bars to drop on as well as some small hard bags. Work in progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts