Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm glad I've been practicing my counter-steering and avoiding obstacles. Heading home today when a car coming from the other direction crossed over into my lane. It wasn't a panic swerve or anything, but I did have to react in good time. If I was in a car, I probably would have had to hit the shoulder, but a quick move to the right side and I was I clear. I couldn't tell if they were texting or not - happened so quickly - but I suspect that's what it was. They realized where they were with about 1/3 of the car in the wrong lane and turned back to their own lane.

·
Registered
33 Posts
wow....glad it turned out ok. I'm starting to hate 2 lane roads anymore with all the texting,calling, and general not paying attention thats going on. I tend to ride more in the right side of the lane whenever possible.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Haha, I have had this happen so many times...

1. driver in Jaguar, old lady, swerved right into my lane, seemed to get mad at me as I swerved to avoid her sudden maneuver.

2. driver in Jeep Grand Cherokee, young male, went LEFT around a traffic circle (uh, this is the US of A, we go to the RIGHT). Chased him down and reinforced driver's education.

3. on the highway, driver swerved into my lane. Stuck a leg out and hit the horn, he swerved back into his own lane.

Those are just the most recent.

Be aware! Head on a swivel!

-John

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm glad to see that you're all here able to talk about it! It's happened to me too and I suspect it's happened to most of us. If it hasn't, it will!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts