Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Glad you’re safe. I’ve picked up two nails in the past year and Ride-on sealer has done a really good job both times. Slows the leak while the object is in there, and pretty much completely seals it once the nail was pulled and the tire ridden for a bit. I did a permanent repair with a plug patch the first time and got a new tire the second, but it got me home both times.

I’ve learned to look my tires over every time I get on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Glad you were able to get it aired up again before you got back on the highway. I had something similar happen but my rear tire was completely flat (only about 200 miles on the tire). Didn't notice until I got on and couldn't roll the bike in neutral. It was a 3 1/4" phillips screwdriver bit stuck in the middle of my tread. Had no way to trailer it to a local motorcycle shop that had my tire size in stock so I plugged the tire with a kit I bought from a local autoparts store to get me to the shop (my first time plugging any tire). If you ever buy a plug kit, I'd recommend spending $1-$2 more and getting the one with the T-handle rather than the one with the screwdriver handle as it makes it a lot easier to pull the plug back through the tire. There are also small kits you can buy for motorcycles that include CO2 cartridges so you can plug the tire and air it up when you're away from home.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I just bought a tire pressure/tire temp guage that is bluetooth. Attaches to the handlebar and it signals between the special valve covers. I hated checking the tire pressure cuz I have a bad back. It seems to work fabulous. Only thing is it charges by USB, but I had put one on anyway. If you touch the bike it comes on for about three minutes. A charge seems to last forever.
So far so good. Hope it keeps up the good work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jet -

Thanks for your post, got me thinking, that's for sure. I bought a small 12v tire inflator today. - Randy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Everyone here should look into the DynaPlug kits. They are SUPER compact. A bit on the expensive side but worth it if you are trying to save on space.

Dynaplug Ultra Compact 12 Volt Tire Inflator - Micro Pro Model
by OpenMindd
Learn more:

And

Dynaplug Quick Motorcycle Tire Puncture Repair - Carbon Ultralite
by Longhorn Moto
Learn more:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Motorcycle tire pressure

that happen to me once ,after that I got a motorcycle TPMS that is the size of a watch and give you the pressure the temperature and the voltage of the electric on your bike ,is wireless installed 2 years ago and it works great I can not understand why this is not a requirement on motorcycle like it is on the cars,the sensor is power by a battery but I have not have to change it for two years
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steelmate-TP-90-TPMS-for-Motorcycle-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System-Sensor-LCD/302859662945?epid=5016990909&hash=item4683d7b661:g:y4cAAOSwQhNdK~Ac
it works great :wink2:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I too got a TPMS today as a result of this thread. Mine is the M3 type where the whole screen flashes red when it alarms (along with beeping). My only previous experience with anything like this has been with equipment built in by manufacturers on automobiles (such as my Dodge Charger). I installed the motorcycle specific unit on my little 125 scooter to try out and so far am pleased with its performance.

- Randy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts