Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried one on their bike? If so, how do you like it? What size did you order? How tall are you? What is the ease of install?

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I have one on my Voyager and bought the X-Large (their 17.5"). I don't have a lot of miles on it yet, but initial rides were nice. The 17.5" Clearview shield was actually 1.25" shorter (when mounted) than the 18" factory Voyager shield because it has a different angle.

I'm 6' tall with long arms and shorter legs, so I sit far back on the bike.

Quality is very good. I requested the vent and without the dark section at the bottom and they made it custom without issue. Install of any shield should be easy as well, it's a simple bolt on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the Clearview Medium. I'm 5'11 and it works fine for me. It just does skim the top of my helmet but for the most part it blocks the wind, I can hear the radio with no problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a factory 12" on order for my 14 and I don't even have the bike yet. Test rode it this past Saturday and knew right then the short smoke one has got to go. Terrible wind blast tries to pull my helmet up and off. I'm pretty sure I will never need to go higher than the 12" shield. Got a buddy that rides a Harley and he painted the bottom 4 inches of his taller clear shield black on the back side and it looks good that way, might try that if the totally clear one looks stupid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts