Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have one on my 11 Vaquero w a vent. Works well. Mines 14" w lite tint. Have to look thru it though. I'm 6'2". No buffering at all. $165.00 I paid. Might would have gone with a lol lower one just to see over it. But works well

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just came back from a 2 week vacation on the bike and i installed the 17.5 tall windshield with vent before leaving. That's measured from the key vertical as the web site instructs. I can see over the screen 99% of the time and the vent is very solid and well made better than expected. I'm 5'11" and i think the wind is the same as the original taller screen. Very glade i did this no regrets at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really like the original shield on mine but the heat from the bike made me look into a vent. Bought a Show Chrome vent and installed it.
So far it’s worked fine for venting and no buffeting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got the medium Clear-view with vent and i feel like it is a waste of extra money and the shield itself would sure be a lot easier to clean without that big bug scoop in the middle of it. The shield itself? LOVE IT its perfect!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I put the same vent (it's from a Gold Wing) in my Wind Vest shield, after I'd had the Wind Vest a couple of years. The shield alone was a big improvement over OEM, because of the recurve. Less buffeting because the airflow is thrown higher.

Then with the vent - another improvement. No buffeting at all now, since the vent (even when closed) allows enough air on the backside to get the pressure closer to even on both sides.

So I feel like the extra money is VERY much worthwhile, even if the vent catches the odd bug, or makes the inside of the shield harder to clean below it (maybe that's why Clearview puts the black film on?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts