Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to install some clear lenses on my Custom and was wondering of those of you that have done this, did you use red bulbs or amber? And were you able to purchase them at an Auto Parts store? I have found some bulbs on-line (red only) but they seem pretty expensive @ 7 - 12 bucks each. Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the clear lenses and can buy everything but the taillight (red) bulb from the local parts stores. I have had to order a bulb recently when my brake light went out and it cost me about 16 bucks with shipping and handling. It is a much cleaner and brighter look though and I wouldn't change them back.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have two amber bulbs on the turn signals and one red for the brake light. I may try to see what it looks like all red one day but it looks good now and the amber bulbs are readily available.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have smoked lenses. I bought amber bulbs from the parts store. I forgot the numbers, 1156 and 1157 I think. Works fine in daytime, great at night. I would like to add LEDs behind the smoke one day.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've got clear lenses with red bulbs in the back, which came as part of the Küryakyn Triple-Whammy R-T-B setup. So it's all red in the rear, the turn signals double as running lights, and also as modulated brake lights. I like the look of the clear, but it would be really nice if there there some way to change the color of the bulb to amber when functioning as a turn signal... can't have everything, I guess!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Think I've been told its not legal to run amber rear lights that are on all the time. Probably the reason Kury kit switches to red. I have amber bulbs in front but have been unable to find red rear bulbs at the local stores. Guess I'll have to get them on line or get the Kury kit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really appreciate all the input guys, I'm going to buy the lenses and go with the amber bulbs from an Auto Parts store. I think it will look much better than the amber lenses that kind of stand out too much IMO, and should be plenty visible. Thanks again, happy and safe riding to all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts