Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just bought my 08 900 Custom and was looking into the integrated taillight by Clear Alternatives but am hearing very mixed reviews, couldn't find any recent stuff on here. Anyone have this part, and how's the install?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Hi everyone, I just bought my 08 900 Custom and was looking into the integrated taillight by Clear Alternatives but am hearing very mixed reviews, couldn't find any recent stuff on here. Anyone have this part, and how's the install?
I had one on my sport bike and while exceedingly bright at night from a distance it was hard to tell which way you where going to turn. The amber was just too small and this was on a light that was twice as wide as the customs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have heard from several people that have it on that they really like theirs. I have actually bought one and it's still in the box because I was a little eager. I am going to get me a Sumo-X rear fender to convert to a .240 tire so mine is going up for sale if anyone wants it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I'd known Joshwelch9, I ordered one before I read your reply. I'll post some pictures once I finish the install

·
Registered
183 Posts
Cool deal. Hope it goes on well for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have heard from several people that have it on that they really like theirs. I have actually bought one and it's still in the box because I was a little eager. I am going to get me a Sumo-X rear fender to convert to a .240 tire so mine is going up for sale if anyone wants it?
hey josh, ive been looking to pick one of these up, is yours smoke or clear? and how much are you asking for it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just installed one 2 days ago on a 2010 900 SE and I love the light. I will take a picture and post later but I highly recommend buying one. I bought mine for 86 bucks and would do it again in a heartbeat. I don't have a license plate sidemount so I took the rear signals off the oem license bracket and raised the license plate to where the top of the plate sits under the bottom lip of the license plate light so it looks really compact and really leaves a clean look. I am actually contemplating leaving it like that for a month or two while I work on other mods.

Next must do mod... 230 rear tire and a 2-3" lowering kit now

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool can't wait to see it, I started a thread regarding the axle mount licence plate a few days ago but the more I think about it the idea of taking apart the rear end of my bike seems less and less appealing since I have limited tools and no way to measure belt tension so I'm interested in seeing your licence plate mod

·
Registered
49 Posts
Pics of new Integrated Brake light!

These are the pics of the integrated brake light!:)

Original pic days after I bought it:

Close up with license minus the bottom inspection sticker..Still do darn long

Now with the integrated tail light and smoked lens:

And my recently installed Avon Grips!!:

I love these grips and recommend them as well. And if you can all tell, I tried to debadge and found out that the Custom SE stickers are applied and then the flat satin clear is applied over the tank and stickers. Who the hell does that!! Well I know have to figure out what to do. Paint the tank flat black again, apply a new sticker or badge or, paint it a custom color since I have to paint the whole tank again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, I think I'm gonna give that a go for now instead of the axle mount, looks clean. I was looking at getting the Avon grips as well along with the matching foot pegs, clutch & brake pegs

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think I still want the axle mount but sinc I have to do it in small steps (funds) I rather leave it like this for now and spend the next 200 on a drop kit and then a 230 rear tire and then I will open it up in the rear for all to see!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
got this set up on my bike,check youtube for intergrated taillight on vulcan 900,easy to install,I picked mine up from moto-lume,with the clear lens,don't know if it was a mistake or not but they sent me two clear lenses?

·
Registered
49 Posts
got this set up on my bike,check youtube for intergrated taillight on vulcan 900,easy to install,I picked mine up from moto-lume,with the clear lens,don't know if it was a mistake or not but they sent me two clear lenses?
It's supposed to come with one lens only. I will buy the spare lens from you, I have the smoked but want to see how the clear will look on my bike. Let me know please.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have had my CA taillight on since christmas. finally wired in the turn signals and removed the factory lights today. really like the look. side mount plate is next.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have had my CA taillight on since christmas. finally wired in the turn signals and removed the factory lights today. really like the look. side mount plate is next.
Where did you buy that black sissy bar? It looks bad ass! How much was it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks great, can't wait for mine to come in

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Can some do me a favor ... I am picking my custom up next tuesday and was looking at ordering this tail light, it is 7" x 4" .... i do not know the existing light size that the bike comes with and i want to make sure it is going to cover all existing holes etc before ordering it.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?product_id=223&manufacturer_id=4

I will be rempving the existing turn / plate set up and really want to clean up the rear end and get rid of that big chunk of black plastic.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey Luna I think it's smoke. I'll double check for sure. I will look at the invoice and see about letting you have it for a little less than what I paid for it. We just moved from our apartment to a town home with a garage so I can have a place for the bike. As soon as I get things situated I'll post k. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts