Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys clean your windshields with? Anything that's a no no as far as the acrylic is concerned? Can I put rainex on it? Wax it to make it easier to get the bugs off?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a quick release on mine but my method would work either way, you would just have to do it on the bike if you don't have a release.
I pop it off and put a bath towel on the island in my kitchen to lay it on. Then I wet a bath towel in the sink and lay over the shield. After a few minutes with very little wiping the spatters are soaked right loose. I then wipe the moister off with a soft detail type terry cloth and its good as new. this has always worked for me so I havent tried any of the other things you asked about. LCH

·
Registered
533 Posts
A lot of riders polish their windshields with Plexus(sold thru Honda dealers mainly) and claim that it makes getting bugs off a breeze. Don't use Rain-X. It's not made for m/c windshields. There's another product that my Kawi dealer pushes called "BugSplat" or something like that. They found out about it from a group of HD riders. It will polish your windshield and remove the bugs, and the dlr says that it's great for cleaning up the rest of the bike as well. I haven't had the heart to try it just yet, cuz it's $20 for a spray bottle and polishing cloth. One of these days, though.........

·
Registered
657 Posts
If there's a lot of bugs and or dirt on it, use simple soap and water with a very soft cloth to remove the bulk. After drying, you can't beat Plexis. Not only does it clean but it's supposed to help withsome protection as well. I've used it now for over a year on two rides and love it (still on the original can). I also use a micorfiber cloth to clean it with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
HONDA Spray Polish, been the best thing that I have ever used. Used it for years on the entire bike from windshield to chrome. Spray, sit for a few seconds wipe off. Great Great product. Found only at your Honda shop.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've heard the pledge bit before, and it's supposed to be great.

Rain-X is a no no. It's formulated for glass, not plastic, and will wreck it.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
A big NO to Rain-X or similar products, unless specifically for a moto-winshield! Other than that, soaking with a hot, slightly soapy towel works WONDERS! Use a *CLEAN* towel to clean off the rough stuff, then dragging a slightly moist chamois cloth over it for a final touch leaves you a nice, smooth, streak free type of clean!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts