Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, February 2015
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some kind of sticky substance on my windshield. Pretty sure it's the adhesive backing from the tape the guy used when he painted it. Plain ol windex won't remove it. Anyone out there got any ideas?

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope. Have tried nothing besides the window cleaner. I wanted to through the question out there and see if anyone has some experience in this before taking the next step. Goo Be Gone. I've heard of it. So it won't scratch the plastic?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Try WD-40. It is easy on paint and works just as good if not better than goo gone. If you say its painted I would use nothing else. If it truly is sticky and not overspray, that will take it off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Be careful what you use on the windshield - the plastic is fairly tender.

I use a cleaner/polish meant for aircraft windshields. Bugs, etc. wipe right off and scratches disappear. It's called All Kleer and you can find it at Aircraft Spruce for about $8 a bottle.

Rick

·
Registered
133 Posts
Goo Be Gone instantly etched the plastic on my windshield..I was lucky the sticker was very low..Warning

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try a citrus-derived cleaner like this: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Desolv-Citrus-Solution-12-6-oz/dp/B000BQWVTQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424906608&sr=8-1&keywords=de+solv+it[/ame]

I use this all the time for price tickets etc and I've never seen it hurt plastic yet.

Always a good idea to do a spot test in an inconspicuous place first though.

·
Registered
736 Posts
1+ on the WD-40 for sticky stuff.
For cleaning, plexus or lemon pledge(for bugs-n-crud). After a through wash I give it the Meguire's plastic detailer.

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. Lots of tips. I think I'll go the WD-40 route, seeing that I have some in the garage.
This forum is awesome

·
Registered
163 Posts
After you get the sticky off, Lemon Pledge works awesome for taking the bugs off and general cleaning as has been said.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Removing small scratches from windshield

Does anyone know how to remove small scratches from the windshield?
Use Meguiars Plastx and a round foam power ball
My w/s was horrible at night or in the bright sunshine . I had to make several passes over the w/s and it's good now

·
Registered
847 Posts
Windshield cleaner

I use a brand called Plexus, most dealers carry it under their name brand. It is also a roadside detailer. We use it all the time on trips excellent for removing bugs and road grime, grease and tar....

·
Living The Dream
1,516 Posts
1+ on the WD-40 for sticky stuff.
For cleaning, plexus or lemon pledge(for bugs-n-crud). After a through wash I give it the Meguire's plastic detailer.
+1 on the Plexus and McGuire's Detailer. I use both regularly and they work great.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
You can use the Plexus on your entire bike. Wont scratch If you use a cotton cloth, NO paper towels those will scratch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts