Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I searched here and on Google but I can't find anything. I found the answer for chrome pipes but nothing mentions black pipes. I have some melted shoe on my pipes on my 900 Custom SE (black pipes) and I'm not sure how to get it off without ruining the black. any advice?

·
Registered
295 Posts
OK, I searched here and on Google but I can't find anything. I found the answer for chrome pipes but nothing mentions black pipes. I have some melted shoe on my pipes on my 900 Custom SE (black pipes) and I'm not sure how to get it off without ruining the black. any advice?
I'd try warming the pipe up to help soften the "shoe" and use mineral spirits on a rag.

·
Registered
711 Posts
^^ with water and soap. Goo Gone is a great product and never experienced any discoloration of any kind on everything i've used it on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
once you get that off, try some mag wheel polish (kind of like a wax for wheels) it will give the black finish a little luster and protect it also make it easier to get the shoe goo off if it happens again. I bought a set of used 09 SE pipes to put on my 10 SE and this is the best stuff I've found for keeping them looking good and dark.

·
Registered
85 Posts
once you get that off, try some mag wheel polish (kind of like a wax for wheels) it will give the black finish a little luster and protect it also make it easier to get the shoe goo off if it happens again. I bought a set of used 09 SE pipes to put on my 10 SE and this is the best stuff I've found for keeping them looking good and dark.
Do you have pics of your 2010 SE with the black pipes I also have one and would like to see what the black pipes look like

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here you go.....
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
308 Posts
just in case you need to paint the pipes or just a segment, rust-oleum has the mate black spray, high heat designed for bbq's/grills (7778 bar-b-q black).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts