1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the most recent step in stripping down the beast:

Before

After

Just a little thing, I know (especially compared to the custom work some of you guys do). But getting rid of my homemade lay-down plate and moving it to the swing arm really improves the look from the rear. Now to do something about the "clown-nose" turn signals. I'm thinking of some little bullet jobbies to give it a little '50s Ford look.

My bike usually lives with saddlebags on it, as a practical matter. This is about as stripped down as it gets, 'cept for the crash bar chaps.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
looks good. Now just get you some carriage bolts that will fit the holes and put a dab of paint on them and that will finish it up quite nicely. ;)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good. Now just get you some carriage bolts that will fit the holes and put a dab of paint on them and that will finish it up quite nicely. ;)
I've got some chrome ones in there now (I'm 1 short), and I think they look ok. I think it would be hard to match the purple, but it's so dark that some black model paint or touch up paint might look good, too.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
its purple??? I thought it looked black to me :confused:. I say it will be hard to match the purple. But you can always take some black model paint (like you said) and slowly mix in some purple and probably get "close enough". You might want to look at advance auto (or other such parts store) and get some touch up paint for the "Crimson Mica" that was used on the Sion TC's.

https://www.google.com/search?q=scion+tc+crimson&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=961&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=lpw4Uf7XCo-M0QGmnoG4DA#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=scion+tc+crimson+mica&oq=scion+tc+crimson+&gs_l=img.3.0.0i24.9593.9593.0.11112.1.1.0.0.0.0.115.115.0j1.1.0...0.0...1c..5.img.NDBoCbzsABY&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43287494,d.dmQ&fp=6de528893edcb33e&biw=1280&bih=961

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its purple??? I thought it looked black to me :confused:. I say it will be hard to match the purple. But you can always take some black model paint (like you said) and slowly mix in some purple and probably get "close enough". You might want to look at advance auto (or other such parts store) and get some touch up paint for the "Crimson Mica" that was used on the Sion TC's.
Thanks for the tip.

A lot of people think it's black. A guy I work with, after walking by it for months in the parking lot, told me he had just realized it's purple. It depends on the light. Oddly enough, it's easier to tell it's purple on slightly overcast days than on bright sunny days.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Ok. Shew I am not the only one then. I used to work with a boy that bought one of those TC's. The actual paint job on the car has a lot red metal flake in it and the color of the paint is a dark purple. He did not know that when he got it. When he went to look at it was a nice and bright sunny day and the red metal flake just popped and it looked red. The next day he drove it to work and it was a dark overcast and it look purple and we all gave him down the road for not knowing his colors.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like this paint. It looks like it's bluish purple with dark red metal flake.

The actual name is Metallic Sorcerer Purple Prism.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I saw this on the 900 forum. http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32835 I wonder if it might work for the V2K as well. I think it looks neat. They are not DOT certified. I don't know if that is required in NE or not. If I am not mistaken in VA motorcycles do not need turn signals. But don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look good.

Thought about removing that rear light bar?
Considered it, but I'm leaning more toward some little bullet signals. If I recall correctly, you used to have em, right? What did you use, just the ebay cheapies?

That LED strip thing is interesting.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
Considered it, but I'm leaning more toward some little bullet signals. If I recall correctly, you used to have em, right? What did you use, just the ebay cheapies?

That LED strip thing is interesting.
I still use bullet blinkers.

they are the kuri mini ones. I had my painter paint them.

I drilled holes in the side of the fender for mounting.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you drilled the holes did you do anything to the edges of the holes to keep rust from creepin in?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts