Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a Classic rear fender on a Custom?

Also is the Classic rear fender metal or plastic?

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I assumed it would, but I would hate to tear into it and then find out otherwise. Also, I was hoping it was metal so I could split the fender to make it wider. Oh well.

Does anyone have pics of the Classic fender on a Custom?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I thought there was an old post, but the words I picked for the search didn't bring it up.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Im toying with the idea of doing the same on my custom, ill probaly do the rear like this classic. I think it would look pretty sweet!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is awesome and just what I was looking for, but I think I'm going to stick with the green that came on my custom.

Is that the Classic front fender or an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Here is mine. What sold me on the custom model were the wheels and the handlebar. A few months later I changed the rear fender as I couldn't stand the dirtbike looking fender it came with. Some people like it some others don't but I really care less cause I love it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Here is mine. What sold me on the custom model were the wheels and the handlebar. A few months later I changed the rear fender as I couldn't stand the dirtbike looking fender it came with. Some people like it some others don't but I really care less cause I love it.

Looking good, i saw you did this a long time ago. You think you could fit a 210 or 240 under that fender?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I believe there is enough room for a 210 but I think the 240 would be too large.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice setup V Twin. Between yours and the Cobra bike I have lots of inspiration for my bike.

I'm going to have to find a fender, lights, and a little OEM Green Paint now.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Nice setup V Twin. Between yours and the Cobra bike I have lots of inspiration for my bike.

I'm going to have to find a fender, lights, and a little OEM Green Paint now.
Ebay is where I got mine from and I was so lucky I found the same color. Keep your eyes open as they go fast.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Too bad there is no Kawasaki Green in a classic..otherwhise my custom would have a classic rear fender too

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its just a little paint. Scuff up the existing paint spray a coat or two of paint and then a coat of clear and it will look like Kawi did it themselves.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Christmas came early this year thanks to T61immy. Now just waiting on my shipment from Color Rite of paint and I'll be ready to install the new fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Done!

Well I finished it last weekend, so I figured it was time to post some pics. I decided to do the rear fender two tone so I guess its not how Kawi would have done it.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts